Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammending the constitution so that people not born in the US can run for president

Default Ammending the constitution so that people not born in the US can run for president

What does everyone think about that?

Honestly, I think certian people not born in the US would make really good presidents, and certian people would make crappy presidents. For example:

Arnold Schwartzenegger: He's from Austria, the same country Adolf Hitler was from. He's not a politician or a political activist, he's an actor. He's a republican, but his wife is a democrat. His wife is somehow related to the Kennedys. Somehow he became governor of california. I really think he'd make a horrible president. But someone like Bono, from U2, would make a great president.

Bono: He's from Ireland. He may not be a politician, but he's kind of a political activist. Sunday Bloody Sunday is a song about a political protest they had in North Ireland, and the British killed about 13 people during the protest because they said it was against the law. Bono also helps out in Africa with the aids epidemic there. Bono put that What's Goin On? CD together back before 9/11 where the proceeds went to the aids relief fund in Africa. People say Bono's music can change the world. If his music can change the world, then he can change the world too.

I say, let people like Bono, who actually care about the world run. Not beefcake washed up actors like Arnold.

Bono for president in 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Let the Irish take over the White House.

I dunno, man. Look at Peru and Alberto Fujimori. He was the most corrupt president Peru ever had, and then ran away back to Japan where he cannot be extradited to stand trial. I think amending the Constitution in this way might open up shelters for (further) abuse of office.

I am against this ammendment because it would benefit Henry Kissinger and Arnold. I could not live under the presidency of either of these too, for obviously different reasons.

Go for it. A leader from another cuntry might sort out the foreign policy shits init.

They should amend the constitution so that I become president. I'd sort the world out.
    Vera Says:
    Masturbation > women

Blah, no. The people shouldn't be represented by a foreigner.
    and no wonder hearts and minds have been won

i'm all for it, but only if there is a very high minimum residency requirment.
    Remember kids, simple logic is your friend!

Bono would make an awful president. Heavens no.

And I agree very much with Sic.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Lightbulb

Reagan and the Bushes were born in America.

Restricting the foreign-born is ricockulous and un-American.
    There are selected dates for shows in Branson from April through December. Shows are at 9:30 AM and 3:00 PM. Be sure to check out Yakov's Show Schedule for available show dates and times. We suggest you purchase your tickets now, as Yakov’s show is often sold out. Call 1-800-728-4546 or go to Yakov's On-line Ticket Reservations. Warning! Explosive Laughter awaits you at the Yakov Smirnoff Theatre.

Click Here For MapQuest Directions

I'd have no problem with them amending that, but I have a feeling that it would be a long long time before anyone born in another country got anywhere near winning the presidency even if we did, the voters would be too against it.

Lightbulb

Right. Gov. Schwarzenegger is the only one who could do it, and he'd be in his 70's by the time an ammendment was passed.

How could anyone be against it?
    There are selected dates for shows in Branson from April through December. Shows are at 9:30 AM and 3:00 PM. Be sure to check out Yakov's Show Schedule for available show dates and times. We suggest you purchase your tickets now, as Yakov’s show is often sold out. Call 1-800-728-4546 or go to Yakov's On-line Ticket Reservations. Warning! Explosive Laughter awaits you at the Yakov Smirnoff Theatre.

Click Here For MapQuest Directions