View Poll Results: Do you agree with the new measures? (Please read the measures before voting)

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 89.19%
  • No

2 5.41%
  • Undecided

2 5.41%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you agree with the new Measures?

Default Do you agree with the new Measures?

Do you agree with the new Measures board moderators are taking? All 14 have agreed on a certain set of rules, which were delivered by Horny Pope. I personally agree with them. They're not saying people cant argue with eachother, but basically saying cant do it excessively and to the extent where it ruins the spirit of the forum.

Since they've anticipated a thread being opened devoted to your comments on the issue, Please post them in this thread. Also answer the poll above. Be sure not to post anything or vote on anything until you have actually read the instructions. Here is a link to the thread which details the new rules: http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17989

If it is applied equally to all posters, I am fully in agreement.
    Vera: I think my Female Insecurity [tm] mode just flipped on.

Sunny: I have a vagina and boobs

The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.

Lightbulb

yay should have all its posts deleted.
    There are selected dates for shows in Branson from April through December. Shows are at 9:30 AM and 3:00 PM. Be sure to check out Yakov's Show Schedule for available show dates and times. We suggest you purchase your tickets now, as Yakov’s show is often sold out. Call 1-800-728-4546 or go to Yakov's On-line Ticket Reservations. Warning! Explosive Laughter awaits you at the Yakov Smirnoff Theatre.

Click Here For MapQuest Directions

Quote Originally Posted by Not Ozymandias
    Now why is this my friend?

Lightbulb

And so should its half-dozen other screennames.
    There are selected dates for shows in Branson from April through December. Shows are at 9:30 AM and 3:00 PM. Be sure to check out Yakov's Show Schedule for available show dates and times. We suggest you purchase your tickets now, as Yakov’s show is often sold out. Call 1-800-728-4546 or go to Yakov's On-line Ticket Reservations. Warning! Explosive Laughter awaits you at the Yakov Smirnoff Theatre.

Click Here For MapQuest Directions

And so should its half-dozen other screennames.
    You mean he's a troll? What other screen names do you suspect he has?

And yes, if everyone is treated equally, like memento said, I agree. Trolling and spamming cannot be tolerated (I admit I am guilty of the latter - only once though).
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ
    Gave up on Lupin once you realized you weren't fooling anyone?

We're all guilty of it. The amount of times I've pretended to be on a side of an argument just for 'arguments' sake is trolling IMO. I do it alot.
    Vera: I think my Female Insecurity [tm] mode just flipped on.

Sunny: I have a vagina and boobs

The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hombre
    You mean he's a troll? What other screen names do you suspect he has?

And yes, if everyone is treated equally, like memento said, I agree. Trolling and spamming cannot be tolerated (I admit I am guilty of the latter - only once though).
    He used to be a spammer and had a lot of accounts. He made a topic about it once.

There is no reason why his "yay" account should be deleted now though, at least, as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by memento
    We're all guilty of it. The amount of times I've pretended to be on a side of an argument just for 'arguments' sake is trolling IMO. I do it alot.
    An intelligent person can see both sides of an argument (if it is a valid one) but only choose one to go with.

Sometimes I have sided with an argument on here that I wouldn't necesarily agree with in real life, not to elict a reaction, but it is sometimes a bit of fun and if people don't use it excessively can be relatively harmless. I don't consider that trolling.

FOLDOC's defintion of trolls: Click Me
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ
    Gave up on Lupin once you realized you weren't fooling anyone?

I wanted to make a thread like this before, because I haven't seen any of these rules and things before it was put on the board. So I never said I agree or dis-agree with it.
    I read HornyPope's post and I'm not sure if I agree with it or not. When the administrator made a thread about the moderator nominations there were a few guidelines we should follow. I have the feeling that isn't the case anymore.
    * !