Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Making records for money?

Question Making records for money?

Do u think the offspring r moving this way?
    Im confused!I mean in splinter there is such a variety of songs pop,ska,punk,hard rock...Sometimes i think they r workin for money but then i think that in the past they were original to their sound...I don't know maybe they r trying to get more records sales and that begun i think after Americana ...Dexter always says he wanted to mix up the things a little bit(yeah that seems a little weird to me)
    Anyways... i just wanted to say my opinion ,i love the offspring anyway!

No, I really don't think so
    Shit is fucked up, so dance fucker dance!!

no ..see the lack of promotion to the last album ..if they wanted to make money , as first and only aim , they would promote it better

i agree i dont think the offspring are just doing it for money.. they do it because they love it, if they didnt, i dont think theyd still be around 20 years later

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Punk
    Do u think the offspring r moving this way?
    Im confused!I mean in splinter there is such a variety of songs pop,ska,punk,hard rock...Sometimes i think they r workin for money but then i think that in the past they were original to their sound...I don't know maybe they r trying to get more records sales and that begun i think after Americana ...Dexter always says he wanted to mix up the things a little bit(yeah that seems a little weird to me)
    Anyways... i just wanted to say my opinion ,i love the offspring anyway!
    Honestly, everyone would like to make money off of a record they make, especially when you're on a major label and that's much harder because the label may front the money for recording, but it's all gotta get paid back before the band gets paid. Also, to my knowledge, the band doesn't have "real jobs"...oh wait, there's Nitro. Nevermind.

What does it matter what their motivation is now? "Punk rock" by the book can get boring. I know I got bored as hell with it.

i like the different variety of songs, every album they release they sound a little different, which is not bcos they sell out but they want to experiment with different sounds 2 avoid geting boring

the offspring would never make an album just for money! it's not like them at all.

Talking

Dood.. no.. just.. no.

Okay, first of all, let's think about it. The Offspring have been making music for like, 2 decades. And they're still incredibly famous. It's because they try new things.

Now, no offense, but if they did the same style for 7 albums, I would be sick of them. In Splinter, they're just experimenting and trying to keep their fans interested.

And while Splinter isn't my favorite album, I really like it because it's all different and such with ska and that one "When You're In Prison Song." (By the way, that's really fun to sing in public all loud.)

Default yo!

Little_Miss got right!
    i wanna get some money for my album,who doesnt?
    i wanna play on a big stage on front of 10000-20000 people!!!!
    is it bad? i dont think so!!!
    they just tried sometimes something new,thats all i think!

Everyone wants recognition for that what they do. The musicans get it with the selling of their CD's, so it's normal that they want to sell their CD's, but that doesn't mean that they make music to get money, that only means that they're human & want some recognition for that what they enjoy to do.
    Shit is fucked up, so dance fucker dance!!