Thread: Tool Thread

Arrow Tool Thread

Okay, i'm shure you're all familliar with this band, so i'd like too see your opinions on them.
    I really like their music, it's rather interesting, but i somehow have the feeling that they as a band are pushing themselves too much.
    They constantly have some *hidden messages* in songs, so, like, only the real Tool fans would realised them fully.
    They make some mistical, kinda intelligent atmosphere around themselves, and somehow at the end their songs ended up to be about sex (hint - Stinkfist, Prison Sex, Maynards Dick).
    They don't like to talk with their fans, which me thinks is uncool and arrogant (but, okay it's their choice).
    And i realised that their music makes a strange influence on me - I did some weird things while listening to them.
    Anyway if you just let yourself to this music without thinking, then it's good.
    IMMHO

gimme a break, i know my english sucks

I DON'T LIKE TOOL....!!!!!!!!
    HA! Right back to your face, Seko!!!!!!!!!!

I've got "Lateralus" and like it very much.
    It's no CD you just put into your stereo and listen to it while doing something else. It's no background-music....you could say that it's a kind of demanding band.
    Though, they're pretty cool. Hard to explain, they're just tool and that's it.

Lateralus is my favourite! And i like the cover of the CD.
    Yeah, i guess they are demanding band.
    I like to do things while listening to music, it's a habit, couse i go in school where we have the freedom to do things that other people can't do (yeah, it's art school), so i'm kinda keen on listening to things while doing something. And i realised that their music has a strange energy.
    Videos are great though!

I had no idea that English was a second language for you when I was reading what you wrote, so don't feel embarrassed about that.

And I love Tool, and I really like Lateralus as well. Some great songs on it.

And sex is part of rock and roll, why bother hiding that?
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

an ok band, laterlus is too indulgent in my opinion, big long silences and a little too "atmospheric" for me i guess, meaning i dont like listening to demanding bands

however, undertow rocks hard and i love it, and stinkfist is an awesome song

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    I had no idea that English was a second language for you when I was reading what you wrote, so don't feel embarrassed about that.
    I don't feel embarrassed, i just wanted to get rid of some people who are looking for any wrong written word to rub it on my nose...

You don't wanna know how many times i've edited that post!

lol well youve done a good job