Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Thibault's Music

Great, here goes.

Song two of a three-song arc with vocals I'm planning. The first one was (obviously) The Way It Is.

This one I like more - couldn't tell you why. It's called The Way It Used To Be.

I came up with it while toying around the idea of doing a postapocalyptic style song, and although in the end I didn't go with that there are some definite elements from that I idea I decided to keep. I swapped out the church organ I was going to use for a simple piano in the last verse/chorus and I think it sounds great, and then I pared down the length a lot.

I enjoyed making it, but I've spent most of the day finishing it up so I'm not even sure if it sounds any good or not at this point.

Megaupload Download Link
    MP3.com.au Site - Stream and Download

Here are the lyrics and general chords as they're sung and played.

E Now I sit on the stage
    C I can still hear the applause while
    G outside my city burns
    D/C/G I am alone with my thoughts
    E Inside this darkened theater
    C I make believe tonight
    G That the buildings haven't fallen
    B7 That we're all still alive

E
    G That we're all
    B7 Still Alive x2

E As my family burns
    C I cannot squash my memories
    G Of a thousand smiling faces
    D/C/G Of a city loving me
    E It's easy to remember
    C As your bombs drop towards me
    G The way my city used to look
    B7 The way it used to be

E
    G The way
    B7 It used to be x2

E Now I sit on the stage
    C I can still hear the applause while
    G outside my city burns
    D/C/G I am alone with my thoughts
    E Inside this darkened theater
    C I make believe tonight
    G That the buildings haven't fallen
    B7 That we're all still alive

E
    G The way
    B7 It used to be x4
    Hope you enjoy it.
    Last edited by T-6005; 01-27-2009 at 02:58 PM.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

lol if you don't know it's post-apocalyptic it'll remind you of AFI lyrics. (but post-apocalyptic is ALWAYS cool). You should include zombies though, to make it more obvious.

Also really enjoyed Damn You, Balthazzar.

EDIT: On a better note, your voice is fine. Doesn't sound bad at all, so quit being gay about that. is

I enjoyed what I a lot though, and it also was better than I thought it would be (and I thought it'd be pretty good). So I'll probably listen to some more when I'm no longer busy with being lazy.
    Last edited by wheelchairman; 01-27-2009 at 07:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

As per usual, I like your stuff, but I especially enjoyed this. I think your voice adds a great effect in the tone of this song, and I can definitely hear the post-apocalyptical ideas throughout. You made the right choice by sticking with piano, and I totally hear this building into something huge... I'll definitely want to check out the third song for this.

I was wondering if you'd be able to upload a zip file with all of your songs. That would be awesome. I'm too lazy to go through the thread and download each one, haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I like the song. Your vocals are good and they bring some great diversity for your sound. I also like the piano/orchestral sounds as they bring a variety of beautiful sounds in there which adds up to a really complete piece of music.
    (I hope you could understand me/get my points)
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

As I listen to this song, I can't help but wonder what has happened in the last few years. When I first started posting here, I remember that you were really, really struggling to write decently lyrics. Now, BOOM, two lyrical powerhouses in a row. Those shine through the most for me, but the melody in this one is equally impressive. For some reason, it reminds me of "Tom's Diner" by Suzanne Vega. The strings and piano are just right, and don't do too much. What do you use to make those?

I'm glad you added the chords, too. I suck at playing by ear, and I want to learn this.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

After first time it didn't seem very post-apocalyptic to me, but after few more times of dedicated listening and reading through lyrics I can definitely feel the vibe, this song draws some painfully sad yet amazingly graceful pictures in my mind.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    The strings and piano are just right, and don't do too much. What do you use to make those?
    Cakewalk.

I didn't release a song in February - I was on a roll before, too, but it's like being Artist of the Month made me shy since I wanted to put out my best work and just got frustrated. Now that that's over I'm working on a few things. One is still the last song with lyrics (called Monochrome), and the words still mock me as they refuse to fall into place, and I have to admit that although I've got all the instruments down, the voice is lacking and I've given up on it a little bit.

The one thing I've finished is essentially what I think of in my head as a slow jam, where people just keep adding on to one basic idea for a few minutes without the problems that happen in a regular jam - that is, one person taking a perfectly good vibe and trying to solo for 15 minutes.

It gets pretty powerful sounding by the end, but only lasts a little over 2 minutes.

Thibault Kervarech - Slow Hello

Seriously, I'm putting up what I have on Monochrome - you guys can add vocals or write lyrics because clearly I am unable to do so.

Seriously. Take this song and sing on it.

Thibault Kervarech - Monochrome

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Slow Hello is complete awesomeness. One of my favorite things about your stuff is the drums. Not to discount the instruments you actually play (which are always great), but you have a knack for making good rhythms. I like how it slowly but steadily builds. I never have the patience to let a song snowball like that. Heh, I was sad to hear it end. What if I said it reminds me of a certain Phil Collins song?

It seems that I have less to say about Monochrome, not that I didn't like it. I'm of the opinion that it works as an instrumental.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Thanks, Randy - I enjoy getting a good drum beat going, though all too often I find myself getting lazy and kick-snare-kick-snare-ing it.

And I happen to love Phil Collins (although I don't listen to him much, he's one of those artists I passively enjoy). And the subtle but awesome beats he strikes, so that's a definite compliment there, thanks.

I had a rough day, so I totally needed to get my mind off of my troubles. I took every little idea I had lying around in my head and threw it together into a song that I think turned out pretty fucking awesome. Also, I wanted to see how good I'd gotten at guitar in general. Seriously, the vibes I got while making this song are tons of fun - there are quite a few improvised fills and even a short, completely improvised solo. It's not entirely together but was tons of fun to make.

I hope you enjoy this - here is the streaming link to Airplane Jump! (the exclamation is part of the title)

And here is the download link!

Best listened to with headphones or decent speakers.

Fuck man! I luv Airplane Jump! ! I've got a feeling that will be my favorite T's song eva, so damn catchy tunes mashed up into a fucking awesomeness.
    d<3finitely.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?