Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Thibault's Music

Man, you're totally right on most of that. Generally the sexual encounters. Also that I need some vocal work.

I feel like Demons shows that I am occasionally capable of nice vocal arrangements that don't sound like shit, though. It's probably the song that I'm happiest with. The instruments involved are my acoustic guitar, the back of my acoustic guitar, my recycling bin (with my condenser mic stuck inside) and my voice.

Also, it took about three hours to come up with and finish. Reckon that's the best part. Aside from the line "sleep is for the alive and weak," which I have the shameful secret of actually being extremely happy with.
    Last edited by T-6005; 12-22-2012 at 12:52 AM.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Hey all.

I thought I'd resurrect my own thread for this, because why not?

As some of you know - likely not that many of you, but a few - I write a webcomic over at http://doppelgangercomic.net. Starting off it was more than a little rough but I think things are starting to come together a lot more in the last few months so I'm pretty excited about it.

Anyway, I also write short stories for the webcomic (sort of an 'expanded universe' vibe) but I also figured it would be fun if I imagined Doppelganger animated somehow, like Batman The Animated Series.

Long story short, I decided to write a theme song for the webcomic. It's called the Doppelganger Theme and I'm actually pretty proud of it.

Give it a listen here http://thibault.bandcamp.com/album/doppelg-nger. Let me know what you think.

Long-term, I may do more themes for specific characters or worlds that our main character visits, but right now this is the only one. Hope you enjoy it!

That was awesome. I mean really really good. The part where you brought out the synthesizer was pretty rockin. Didn't know about your webcomic. I see you're going for a Question type of character. I'll check it out later.

Cool man, I'm glad you liked it! I was really happy with the way it turned out.

Yeah, I write a webcomic. It's been pretty rough going since I've never written a comic before, but I'm starting to (finally) get the hang of it. Thing's finally coming together somewhat, so I'm looking forward to the next few issues.

I see your link but this not working now. T-6005's Please check your site and next time i'm visit this website.

Car Audio

New music? You betcha.

I contributed Vickers' Theme to the Mixtape, but I was just finishing up another track called Lights Over the City of Neon.

It's still dedicated to expanding the soundscape of the Doppelganger universe, mostly because that gives me a little bit of thematic focus and it's fun! This one's really more about the feel of the city the webcomic's artist created in our second issue, and it's meant to have equal parts dramatic mood and Hong Kong Triad meets a hint of breakbeat.

Here you are, it's the third track here.

Dude, you are f***ing awesome!

My favourite is "Endings"!!!