Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Thibault's Music

Bump.

I made the MIDI->mp3 thread in this forum too, but once I'd figured it out I decided to expand the song I was working on.

I call it "If I wrote video game music it would sound like this."

Here you go.

Turns out it's in AAC format, hopefully y'all can deal with that.

Tell me what you think. This is a bit new for me. My MIDI has never worked properly before.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    it's in AAC format
    Dude, no. Just, no.

EDIT:
    Anyways, after getting it to work, I must say that it's pretty atmospheric. It could definitely work in an SNES RPG. So, yeah, it gets my approval.

P.S.
    What'd you use to make it?
    Last edited by Homer; 05-18-2008 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Anyways, after getting it to work, I must say that it's pretty atmospheric. It could definitely work in an SNES RPG. So, yeah, it gets my approval.

P.S.
    What'd you use to make it?
    I'm glad you like it. I made another one the next day that's meant to be more "boss music" ish.

I used my Microsoft MIDI Omni settings, but the interface I used was the Piano Roll feature in Cakewalk Pro Audio 9. You have to enter each note manually but it gives you a lot more control over everything.

Thibault Kervarech - Topgear

Everyone knows that I think the Topgear for SNES has the greatest music ever. This isn't a cover, just a song strongly inspired by the synth MIDI arpeggios all over that soundtrack.

Also I decided to throw in a bit of a dance beat in there. It fit.

MIDI music doesn't have to be ugly. Here's the proof.

I messed around for a while with everything and initially the melody to this song was much lower and required some solid bass to hear/feel, but the conversion didn't stand up, but my favorite part is the horns on the left, they're very faint but the support they give everything is easily my favorite part of the song.
    Thibault Kervarech - MIDI Music can be Pretty

Give me your impressions.

Hey, Mister Tee, I loved your compositions \m/ . They are so easy to listen, they have some depth, some mix of game tracks with guitar virtuoso's instrumentals (Joe Satriani comes to mind) with a Daft Punk's scent, some of them would suit as soundtracks to formula 1 racing and any of them should be a good driving music. Would be great if you'd put them all in one compilation, (sorry if you already did, I didn't read the entire thread).
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

Thanks a lot, Free?.

Alright, well, I've been getting more and more into video game music, as you've no doubt been able to tell, and I've just finished basically a collection of songs that are meant to be video-gamey. This is kind of the culmination of the musical direction I've been following since about March.

Here's one way to get at it - my mp3.com.au site. I know lots of you have complained about it before so I'm also putting it up for download.

If you want to stream it, here is the link.

For those of you who want my music on your hard drives (you know I said it) here are some other links. All the songs have been zipped into a rar file.

Here it is on savefile.
    And here on Megaupload

Here's just a breakdown of each song and kind of what I went through to get it.

PS - If you really aren't interested in songs without real instruments, just try tracks 5, 7, and 8.

1. Main Menu - Essentially I wanted to recreate those lovely arpeggioed chords you hear at the beginning of nearly every FF game ever, without actually just covering that song. So I used one of the preset MIDI organ sounds and got this.

2. Quest Music - This is the same song as up above. The one called "MIDI Music can be pretty." Mostly because I didn't plan on this compilation until a few days ago. Anyway, this is also all MIDI, with strings and a flute-ey sound. The best part, however, is that I used a synth voice on the left side to simulate horns and it really adds a lot and sounds fantastic. Essentially it's your basic exposition music.

3. Main World Theme/Dungeon Theme - Extricating the two parts of this song from each other and calling one the Main World Theme and the other the Dungeon Theme was beyond me, especially since I've had this song forever. Also ALL MIDI. I promise there are some real instruments soon.

4. Bar Theme - After a hard day of monster slaying, who wouldn't want to stroll into down and listen to some rowdy accordion music?

5. Minor Boss Theme - Real instruments! The guitars on this track are pretty great sounding, too, but I don't think they're so loud that they drown out everything else that's going on. Drums, Piano, two types of strings, some MIDI horns and then guitars. Nothing could go wrong. Point of interest - this song took me the longest to get done. It was the second song I wrote after track 3 and I only added the guitars last week. It's probably my favorite, though.

6. Sad campfire music - You know those scenes where you lose a team member who up until that point was integral to the storyline? Well, this song was meant to illustrate the mood after. Except I think it's failed. The low whistles are nice, though.

7. The Final Battle - Just finished this one two days ago! More guitar and doomsday bell sounds! Also the end of the guitar solo is pretty sweet.

8. End Credits - This track was my first successful marriage of MIDI and guitar, and it didn't fit anything in the rest of the song. Also another sweet solo to look out for.

Alright, that's it. I hope you enjoy the fruits of my labor.
    Last edited by T-6005; 09-29-2008 at 10:58 AM.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUDE, srsly, DUUUUUUUUUUUDDE. This shit was awesome. Minor Boss Theme was my favorite as well. Did you get some new gear? Your lead guitar tone sounded great.

PS: I've given up on giving constructive criticism. "Awesome" is as descriptive as you'll get.
    Last edited by Jebus; 09-29-2008 at 06:27 PM.

T, could you please upload all your compositions in a single archive? They suit so fine as background music for some program studying...
    _b
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

All of the video game ones are in an archive on megaupload and another one - it's a .rar archive. If you want all of my songs you can download them straight from my mp3.com.au site, but you have to download them one by one.