Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Thibault's Music

Quote Originally Posted by ad8 View Post
    Fear Street is a nice and straight-forward song. The guitar solo is great... actually the entire guitar is very good (as usual in your songs).
    Also, I always admire your guitar sound which is just... admirable
    I'm glad you like the guitar - I planned out the beginning of the solo, then just added little bits in playing over it until I had what I wanted - wasn't sure how it had turned out.
    Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    All of this. And allow me to say, I am glad that you started singing again. Vocals are superb, spot-on the entire song. Also, this is not coming from a songwriting standpoint, but I sorta wish there were more verses, like short interjections followed by choruses. I can really feel the mood of the song from the few you have already. Nicely done.
    To be honest, this is probably the final version of this song. I know what you mean, though - I just tend to shy away from writing lyrics unless they blossom fully-formed into my mind, or I get on a roll. Sometimes I just can't think of another line that fits in.

Glad you enjoyed it too, Free? Positive feedback's always the best.

I think this sort of line of song is almost over for me - aside from the one I submitted for the mixtape and another song I'm working on, tentatively titled "Again and Again," I think I'm going to wrap the last few songs with vocals up into one pack/album type thing and release it under the title "Songs for the End." I feel a need to change up what I'm doing every so often, just so the act of writing music doesn't become stale. You've always got to change a little something and evolve.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Hey guys. Kind of a big update here.

Finished another song and I'm calling it Again and Again. It's kind of on the same vein as the others.

The world grows old
    And we learn before the end
    That we'd send others to die to save ourselves
    Move through space
    Too fast to see the pain
    Of those who've paid enough to see us well

Again and Again

What kind of world are we living in
    When parents send their kids to die so that you may live
    An automation, a process we have made
    You'll be the first in line to be a slave

Again and again
    Societal apathy, the injustice of using other people's lives as barriers to protect your assets and way of life, and especially how even those that object to some of these processes find no way to change the way they work.

This song also features a completely different kind of synthesizer from the one I've been using up until now, and I'm rather pleased with the result. There are a lot of instruments in this song, and I've done my best to keep things from getting muddled.

More importantly, however, is that I've decided that this train of thought is just about over - I've put five of my last songs together into sort of a mini-compilation which I've decided to title "Quiet Apocalypse."

I've always loved the idea of the Apocalypse - as a concept, obviously... I don't invite the world's destruction. But the thought of societal breakdown, postapocalyptic social organizations and the choice between morals and survival - these interest me, as does a lot of literature set in apocalyptic or postapocalyptic environment.

Anyhow, I always imagine pseudo-classical music melding with powerful rock instrumentation when I think of it - which is almost ironic since total destruction probably wouldn't leave a lot of place for songs like that. I've never had the means (or probably the vision) to create and record songs like that, that sounded powerful and were recorded well enough to satisfy it. And I'm cool with that - instead I've spent the last year fiddling around with the same ideas, only tailored, shifted, and applied to my own situation. The "Quiet Apocalypse," if you will.

If you've listened to my songs in the past year, you'll have heard most of them. The tracklist goes as such:

1. The Way It Is
    2. Fear Street
    3. Voice of a Million
    4. Again and Again
    5. The Way It Used to Be

So below, I'll add a link (download and streaming) to Again and Again, and another link to download the .rar file in which I'll have put all 5 songs.

The entire compilation doesn't even clock in at 15 minutes - it's a short little thing, I know. In the .rar file I'll add all the lyrics in their own .txt documents, as well (The one for The Way It Used to Be even has the chords if you'd like to learn it!)

For Again and Again:
    Megaupload link
    To Stream
    For the entire mini-compilation:
    Megaupload link

Enjoy!

I really hope you guys enjoy it and I'm looking forward to your comments.

The lyrics seem to be less misty this time. I imagine your apocalypse-songs as background music for a mellow theatrical performance in a ruined theater with no roof and walls on the dust covered stage in the middle of fallout-like ruined city during sunset, this song is no exception.
    My favorite part is solo.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

fear street ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    specially the solo
    and when i heard the song it reminded me of another song but i cant quite put my finger on it
    is there anyway to download so i can listen to it on my ipod?
    edit:
    Topic-Thibault's Music
    Last Post- AllIn All It's Not So Bad
    kinda funny
    HAVE YOU EVER GONE AWAY with ONE HUNDRED PUNKS to have THE WORST HANGOVER EVER?
    “Trust me, mate. Stingrays can't swim backwards.”~ Steve Irwin
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    That sucks. But it's not a surprise, I read an article which says that a lot if studies show that death is really bad for your health...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    Who is Blowjob Armstrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    Condoms, you and I.
    Quote Originally Posted by coke_a_holic
    Cockin' and Jockin' since July 2005

Quote Originally Posted by AllIn All It's Not So Bad View Post
    fear street ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    specially the solo
    and when i heard the song it reminded me of another song but i cant quite put my finger on it
    is there anyway to download so i can listen to it on my ipod?
    edit:
    Topic-Thibault's Music
    Last Post- AllIn All It's Not So Bad
    kinda funny
    Yeah - you can download the .rar file from megaupload. It's got all the songs on it.

If you just want Fear Street, you can go to the mp3.com.au site, List all the songs (It'll be under Odds and Ends) and find it, and there should be a download link there.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Ahhh, cool. I have a song called Again and Again.

I need to make a point to listen to this project in its correct order. It's funny, parts of the song are my favorite of the five, some my least. I guess the overall concept is my least (although it works in the scope of things), but the section from the solo until the end is awesome. And the piano part is particularly delectable.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    Again and Again.
    I see you're a fan of muse. Honestly though, I've never been that big of a fan your vocals. Not sure if I could give you any more criticism beyond that. Just wanted to say that harmonized bit was absolutely sick.

PS: I was considering buying a madrox shirt with that logo, but then I thought it was too much. It's practically an entire costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    I see you're a fan of muse. Honestly though, I've never been that big of a fan your vocals. Not sure if I could give you any more criticism beyond that.
    You won't get any argument from me. My voice has always been the thing I hate the most in my music.

In Again and Again the vocals are especially bad. It's possible that in the next week I'll scrap them entirely and put a strings effect over where the voice was, or at least give recording them another shot because they're pretty terrible right now.

As for the Madrox shirt - I totally do want one. It would be beyond awesome.

Due to a hatred of my own voice that is particularly strong on the last track, Again and Again, I've officially decided to redo it - with a vocoder.

I'm using a freeware DX vocoder, and fuck is it ever difficult. Every different note is currently in a different track after I split the .wav files, and now I have to add a different patch to each one.

I think it's totally going to be worth it because this is the coolest thing I've ever done, but god damn is it ever time consuming. After almost an hour's work, I've got maybe 15 seconds of voice done, and it's hardly smooth. I have to mix it and make sure the tracks flow into each other. It's going to be a few days but I think the result could be truly awesome!

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Hey, I can't fully endorse this, but just to give you another possible option, maybe you could try the Analog X Vocoder. It seems to be much less time consuming that the one you're using, but that may also mean that quality you seek won't be met with it. I wish I could save you the time by telling you how good it is, but I've had it installed for years and years and have never even used it. :P
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)