Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Thibault's Music

Super-fast update because I'm headed out for sushi.

It took me all day (minus going out to pick up my new X-Factor volumes and going for a run) but I finally did this this. What it does is generate a tone (or multiple tone) and meld it with the previous sound I had, which is why I needed multiple tracks. At last count I had nearly 40 tracks, but I think the result is pretty weird.

Good weird. I half think it fits that a robot should be singing lyrics like these.

Thibault Kervarech - Again and Again Ver. 2.0

Enjoy! I'll add it to the mp3.com.au and put that link up later, but right now I got raw fish calling my name.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Cool! The vocoder fits so well with the song, when I really didn't expect it to. Would you be okay with turning everything else down a bit, though? I couldn't hear the vox very well.

I'm just loving that solo. It's awesome the way it just sorta comes in, all unassuming-like. "o hai guize, I'm just gonna slide around for a sec and be all cool n stuff."

Also, what program do you use to make the synth sounds?
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

The general idea seems kind of strange at first but it was totally worth trying it.
    The song gets a completely new feel in my opinion.

ps: I also think that the vocals could be a tad louder.
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Default Last Page

I have read Maos last dancer myself and I have also read the childrens version . I found the childrens version did not carry on and on as much. Anyway I liked the book because it showed that if you want something you really have to work for it

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    Cool! The vocoder fits so well with the song, when I really didn't expect it to. Would you be okay with turning everything else down a bit, though? I couldn't hear the vox very well.

I'm just loving that solo. It's awesome the way it just sorta comes in, all unassuming-like. "o hai guize, I'm just gonna slide around for a sec and be all cool n stuff."

Also, what program do you use to make the synth sounds?
    Glad you like the solo. Originally it was just two harmonized guitars, but then I picked up a little DS "game" called Korg DS-10 synthesizer and pulled out the arpeggio bits. Once I put it in, I thought it was absolutely awesome with the guitars, so I kept it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ad8 View Post
    The general idea seems kind of strange at first but it was totally worth trying it.
    The song gets a completely new feel in my opinion.

ps: I also think that the vocals could be a tad louder.
    Glad you liked it.

And just because you both say the vocals could be louder, I'm outdoing myself and putting this song through an unprecedented third stage of revision. But just because it's you guys. Vocals have been tweaked and everything else has been ever-so-slightly modified (mostly just tiny reverb tweaks).

I still don't want the vocals to be overpowering the rest of the instrumentation, though - I'm rather partial to the background.

So here you go - Again and Again v3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammiddeon View Post
    I have read Maos last dancer myself and I have also read the childrens version . I found the childrens version did not carry on and on as much. Anyway I liked the book because it showed that if you want something you really have to work for it
    That's... not really helpful.

Before I started working on Randy's cover, I decided to finish the song I was working on at the exact moment, so here it is. It's actually partly recycled lyrics from another song that didn't end up being recorded - I kept the title, Monochrome. It's got vocal harmonies and even a part where there's nothing but Thibaultvoices!

There's far less instrumentation than usual - it's just guitars and drums. I almost put more in, but the timing was really difficult and I preferred the more straight rock approach.

Here is the Megaupload link

Enjoy.
    Last edited by T-6005; 10-02-2009 at 08:22 AM.

I've completed the first song since my mixtape contribution. It's called Black Box and it's part of a work-in-progress compilation of songs I'm working on that I've tentatively titled 'Where is Home', in part inspired by my own experiences growing up abroad... but not too much. Themes carry over from Quiet Apocalypse, at least lyrically.

I really wanted to keep innovating with this song. Well, maybe innovating's not the right word, but I think it's necessary to keep doing things a little bit differently. For example, I've used heavy reverb and chorus on every song I sing on, and I love multi-layered instrumental bits - so I decided to do exactly the opposite. The guitar is exactly as I captured it, not processed at all, and the vocals have the tiniest bit of tweaking (namely, setting the sound setting to 'Unplugged'). Both the main and harmony vocals were done in a single take, all the way through their respective parts, which is another first for me, since I usually like to make sure every single part is done well on its own terms. The vocals and lyrics are probably the best I've ever done, but that might not be saying much.

I was considering posting this in the lyrics thread, though I think they need to be heard specifically in the context of the song. When I mentioned to llamas about subverting expectations, particularly in the context of a rhyming scheme, this was the song I was thinking of.

Anyway, here's the megaupload link - download, enjoy, and tell me what you think!
    Download Here

Lyrics (and chords!)

Note - I write Amaddmaj6, but I believe the chord is just Am6. This is how I play it. Chords are in bold, and hell - I'm going to change the lyrical notation for it too.

e-2
    B-1
    G-2
    D-2
    A-0
    E-x
    Am6---- Even then we were sideways
    -Em----- Nothing to it but to do our part
    Am6 ---- Never looked up, never wondered
    -G------ Where you end and where I start
    Am6 ---- If this moved or if it shifted
    C/B7/Em- You thought you could get away from me
    Am6---- Don't give my fairy tale a chance
    B7 ----- Pay no attention to my heart

G What if someone had known back then
    D
    C But it's too late to change our minds
    Em
    G Were there warnings in the air
    D
    C But it's too late to change the times
    Em

Overtime is in the air
    Take it from me I don't care
    I don't know what life's about
    But I'm not waiting to find free air
    Take a day or take a year
    You thought you could get away from me
    Don't give my memories a chance
    Pay no attention to my heart

C/B7/Em You thought you could get away from me
    Last edited by T-6005; 03-05-2010 at 12:43 PM.

Damn doodles gimme feedback plz!

Hey, sorry about this! I tried to download this on the day you released it, but Megaupload would not let me download it and then I kinda forgot to do it.

So the song was a bit different from what you mostly do, but I liked it straight away. Seems like you work well with only an acoustic guitar, too.
    You could stick to both the electric and the acoustic songs since they complement well.
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Thanks, ad8. Your answer actually went a long way in not making me feel like a tool for bumping my own thread for a lack of replies, which is kind of a Your Band no-no.

Yeah, I like what I've done with the song, since I don't do too much acoustic stuff and singing is not my strong suit.