Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Thibault's Music

Thanks guys - I do tend to kick ass.

Onnly kidding, but I will be getting all of my equipment back within the next month, so if you like my stuff be expecting updates.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I9RY1LJ9
    A cover of the Placebo song "Pierrot The Clown". Seriously, I only wish I could have done it justice or had a good enough voice to do Song To Say Goodbye.

Still, a new drum program and a bit of a change in the bridge from Bryan Molko's voice to a few guitars doesn't sound too bad. So hopefully you'll enjoy.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R7FNT3T7
    I combined two instruments, the keyboard and my guitar effects pedal and set it to flanger. It's surprisingly intuitive to play. Made for a really strange lead voice. I think I'm going to use that combination more often, because a bunch of good stuff came out of it.

So yep - tell me what you think.

hey! I like that shizzle! I luvv that shizzle!

the lead voice IS odd, though. but there's something good about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Bryan_420 View Post
    TOUGH SHIT! YOU WANT TO BELIEVE,BUT CAN'T PROVE I'M A HOMO! BEIN' PURE DOESN'T PROVE I'M HOMOSEXUAL ASSHOLE!

This time, the song I'm putting up is nothing but a bunch of ideas thrown together. No vocals - just a bunch of guitars and a really awesome drum program.

Faux-punk riffs, a Muse-esque bridge/breakdown, a guitar used in place of a voice, a bit of random feeling my way through parts of the song - and this is what you get.

Heya, my first update in a really long time. I'm bringing you the first 2 songs of mine in a long time that have any vocals (I haven't put up a few other songs I worked on, but I was mostly experimenting).

Anywho, the vocals are sparing in either, seeing as I dislike singing, but I hope you like them nonetheless.

Here's Dudu Dudu - once you hear it the title begins to make more sense.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G7ZG561Z

This one is actually the longest it's taken me to complete a song, seeing as I generally only take 1 day to completely record and sing and whatnot per song. It's called Normal because it's a much more standard song than the stuff I was trying to do before, experimenting with odd synth leads and such. A return to basics is in order every so often.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O7HKE3A4

In any case, I look forward to any comments you might have, seeing at this is my first update in over 6 months.

Why hello there. Well you know what I think about the first one, we were talking over msn, but to let you know, I have listened to it a few more times since, it's a grower, I do definitely think I hear some John Butler in the rhythm choice.

Downloading the second one....

Firstly I like the guitar tone, quite a lot actually. The harmonized stuff is pretty nice. The vocals are a little low both in the mix and in pitch, which isn't my favourite type of vocal, but it suits, I think you probably meant it to be that way too, it fits the mellowish style.

I'm veeerrry liking the lead guitar stuff with the wah, you probably think I'm just trying to unleash the flattery, but that is very very Tim Wheeler esque lead guitar, if you could sing that high along with it, it'd be very Muse-esque too.

You put yourself down too much man, this is probably the best song I've heard by a member on this board. Great stuff. *replays*
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

Thanks for the feedback, I'm very flattered, since I welcome and listen to your opinions on what I make. I'm very glad you like the songs.

I've considered putting a few things together into a sort of pack - not in the vein of an album or anything (I think if I called it an album I'd feel like the most pretentious idiot on the face of the planet), but a small compilation of stuff.

I enjoy releasing stuff little by little like this, but I'd like to get feedback on a slightly larger amount of my stuff at once - maybe 7 or 8 songs.

I am incredibly impressed. These songs are awesome, and I'm suprised such high quality could come from someone in the "Your Band" forum. I have to visit here for often.

Badassity is really cool, it definetly has that badass vibe to it. It sounds like something that could be the backround music of a video game or movie or something. It's awesome.

Funkish song, I pretty much feel the same way.

The Hard Way is a really nice, mellow song. I have a feeling that maybe (now keep in mind I'm saying maybe) it could be an amazing song with an electric guitar, or maybe some orchestral effecta added in. The possibilites are endless.

Same thing goes for Song For A Rainy Day, which is one of my favorites on here.

Not A Song is cool, and it sounds like it could be a theme of something.

I really, really like Kinspire. It's beautiful, it's my favorite on the entire list.

Looking Back is nice, but I'd have to admit it's the weakest song on there, at least I think. It's still pretty good, though.

Thanks a lot for that feedback.

The stuff you find on the original mp3.com.au site is a little dated, though - you should check out the links in the links I posted recently (only a few posts ago). They're the most recent stuff I've some.