Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is America safer?

Default Is America safer?

Is America safer because of what's been done in the last 20 months?

I'll get back to you later with my opinions.

You suck at starting debates.

No it is not. But then again, it wasn't really in any danger. Terrorism has been exploited to make people afraid.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Well weelchairman, I appreciate the honesty. I could feel your vitriolic tone from here and I'm like 3500 kilometers from Denmark. I'm a new guy here.

Anyway, I happen to agree with you that America is not safer, and I would like to elaborate. First they said they had actual proof that he had these weapons, and after they didn't find any, they said that Saddam had the intent of building these weapons, or that he had weapons of mass destruction related activities, or something like that. There are almost 50 million people in Iraq. I don't think Saddam was the only one with the intent of producing these weapons.
    Also, I don't think the overall opinion of Iraqis toward America has improved either. Many of those who hated us before were kind of just going with the flow. For example, many children hated America because their fathers did and they just took after them because they didn't know any better, but because of our actions there, many children and teenagers hate America more directly because their fathers or brothers or cousins were killed by Americans, and hate is the root of rash actions.

There are almost 50 million people in Iraq. I don't think Saddam was the only one with the intent of producing these weapons.
    Are you saying all Iraqis are suspects for creating weapons of mass destruction?
    and no wonder hearts and minds have been won

america definately isn't any safer than before. the whole terror alert scale thing is just a load of shit. a terrorist could easily attack when the terror alert is lower, so that they catch people off guard. it is useless, if not putting america at even more of a risk. and especially with a direct threat from Bin Laden himself saying that if we don't stop interfering with things in the middle east, he will organize another attack on the US, and Bush isn't gonna pull out any time soon. and if there is another attack, chances are it will either be in New York again, D.C. again, or LA. if there is an attack in LA i will be directly effected by it because i live in the LA area. i found it kind of funny that the places most likely to get attacked in the next terror attack all voted against bush.
    Remember kids, simple logic is your friend!

All I'm saying is that the intent to create these weapons can be anywhere. It doesn't help to worry about it, but the risk is there. If there are Iraqis with the intent of building weapons, it is a small percentage, but I don't think taking out the main man solved the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Panzerfaust92
    All I'm saying is that the intent to create these weapons can be anywhere. It doesn't help to worry about it, but the risk is there. If there are Iraqis with the intent of building weapons, it is a small percentage, but I don't think taking out the main man solved the problem.
    either do i, but finding every single terrorist in Iraq is like trying to find very small needles in a very large haystack.
    Remember kids, simple logic is your friend!

As far as I know, you can't build a weapon of mass destruction just like that. It takes a lot of resources, resources that I doubt anyone in Iraq would possess right now.
    and no wonder hearts and minds have been won

Yes, but that leads me to ask the question, If they don't have the resources now, how could they have had them 2 years ago?

They believed it based on the incorrect judgement of what a few cylinders could do.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.