Page 1 of 128 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Computer Problems Thread

Default Official Computer Problems Thread

It sure seems that way, doesn't it? There's always something wrong with the compy.

This time, I wanted to play Warcraft III, so I simply put the disk in the drive. It loads for a bit, then the computer restarts itself. It has some kind of error message in the black and white screen, but I press F1 to pass it.

The CD was stuck in the drive, so I used a paper clip to get it out. The light on the drive keeps blinking, and it's not responding to the button. I went to the My Computer folder, and there's no icon for the D drive.

So, any ideas on what's going on here?

Edit: If you have any computer problems, please post them in this thread.
    Last edited by 0r4ng3; 02-12-2006 at 04:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

a) the drive broke
    b) the drive's connection to the rest of the computer is loose
    c) the power to the drive is loose.

Try opening the computer and disconnecting/reconnecting it. It's helped me before.

I simply shut of the computer and started it back up, and now it's working fine. That'll change, of course, once I try to put the CD back in.

Thanks for your help anyway.
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

As long as that's settled, I have a new problem.

Y'know how computers can have separate users, right? Well, WC3 is installed on my brother's user account (on the same computer), but it's saying that it's not installed on mine. Do I have to install it again?

Camilamazed Guest

I'm the winner when it comes to computer problems. No one can tell me what goes on. I turn on my computer and after 15 minutes it turns off. I have to pull it out of the switch to turn on it again after several minutes....

Any ideas of what it could be?????

Quote Originally Posted by Camilamazed
    I'm the winner when it comes to computer problems. No one can tell me what goes on. I turn on my computer and after 15 minutes it turns off. I have to pull it out of the switch to turn on it again after several minutes....

Any ideas of what it could be?????
    Could be overheating. My old computer used to do that because the fan fell off the processor. It wasn't broken so I turned my computer sideways and stuck it on top of the processor where it normally would've been and it worked fine from then on.

Camilamazed Guest

I thought it was overheating as well. I replaced the part responsible for that but it wouldn't solve the problem.... Thank you anyways... I guess I need a new one.

I had a problem like that, Cammy...I had a whole bunch of my friends come look at it...and they would fix it, and 2 months later, it would start again...and then they'd have to try something new to fix it. I finally bought a new one.

Which leads to my problem. I have a brand new computer and nearly brand new monitor (it's like...7 months old). The monitor worked awesome on the old comp. On this one, it seems to flicker or shake or something (especially noticeable with letters). Any ideas on what I can try to change/download? I mean, I can still use the computer like this, it just gets annoying.

i guess it's all about the dream

On the topic of computers I don't suppose anyone knows anything about starting an World of Warcraft account with a prepaid card.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Rag Doll, did you try to update the monitor and video card drivers?