Page 78 of 81 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast

Thread: A.F.I. (A Fire Inside)

Am I the only one that loves all of Decemberunderground?

And how about Blaqk Audio? Bright Black Heaven should be out by now. What the fuck are they doing with it?

Quote Originally Posted by skrillex View Post
    And how about Blaqk Audio? Bright Black Heaven should be out by now. What the fuck are they doing with it?
    blaqk audio got dropped from interscope records

Finally AFI comes out with new music!!

The songwriting is very nice, but I'm not digging some of the new "modern" arrangements. Guess I'm getting old, eh? The part on 3:16 is the best one in the song imho
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

It kinda sounds like Nine Inch Nails to me I was not expecting that

Whoa, I'm liking this. Surprisingly.

It's pretty clear their time doing the BlaqkAudio stuff has had an effect on how they approach stuff, it's even more in that electronic direction than Sing The Sorrow and Decemberunderground, but not in a bad way. It's surprisingly heavy too, compared to their post-Art Of Drowning stuff.

In all honesty I'd totally forgotten about AFI, haven't listened to them in years. STS was kinda-sorta okay, but starting down a path I didn't appreciate, and Decemberunderground was about 70% dogballs. But this is pretty rad, like a more intense STS track with more electronics.

I can see Black Audio and NIN influences too.

It is some kind of continuation and progression since STS, but STS probably won't be surpassed. It could be an interesting album though. Can't wait.

The single is probably specific and the whole album won't be like that.

What about those manly, 100% heterosexual, rough vocals?

I never got all the love for STS. The arrangements are all way more in-depth and less juvenile punk-y, and the last couple of songs totally destroy, but a lot of the songwriting on it just went way into that "we sound like all the other emo bands that are starting to get popular in 2002/2003" vibe. I don't mind that it's less heavy, just that it kind of lost a bit of the AFI "feel".

Eh, i'm not all that into this - though I can definitely see the NIN influence. I prefer it when their influences are more Joy Division esque.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.