Page 3 of 81 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: A.F.I. (A Fire Inside)

Been listening to them since I was 11 or 12, and now the word is out that I am an old lady. AOD is my favorite album of theirs, I think.

afi is a good banmd.. - the m

AFI and Offspring are tied for my favorite band! AFI is one of the best bands around, they are awesome guys to!

I love AFI, they truly are my favorite band.

In all Honesty, It was the Offspring who got me started on them, back when Ixnay on the Hombre came out, I checked into their Label (Nitro) and found that AFI was (in my humble opinion) the best band on their label, due to their raw melodic hardcore sound of Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes (I love Napster). So I just shelled out the 20 bucks for the cd, and started my devotion ever since.

Offspring and AFI are the 2 bands that keep me coming back for more these days.

Manchester,England,(U.K.) Tis deliciously urban and I am loving it! :)

They were my favourite band for about a year.I have four of their albums and an EP.I thought they were amazing until I borrowed "Sing The Sorrow" from a friend.I didn't like it at all,but hey,maybe if I'd listened to it more than twice,it would have grown on me.They have an amazing back catalogue,but have been disappointing recently.Let's hope their next album is heavier.If it is,I will start liking them again!
    "My whole life is a dark room.One.Big.Dark.Room."

6. Default

I really like AFI. I just started listening to them not so long ago, I think they are pretty good

~mandy~

Sing the Sorrows definitely a grower, you need some patience with it as I found. My first impressions weren't so favourable but that changed after giving it time.

Manchester,England,(U.K.) Tis deliciously urban and I am loving it! :)

Hmmmm....In that case,I shall persevere with it! I need to find a friend who owns "Sing The Sorrow" and have them make a copy of it for me. Skintitess prevents me from buying many CDs these days,and I don't have a CD Read-writer.(Actually,my dad's computer probably does,but I don't like using his computer to do ANYTHING incase I break it or something!)
    "My whole life is a dark room.One.Big.Dark.Room."

Quote Originally Posted by leo3375
    Next to the Offspring, AFI is my favorite band. I first heard them in 1997 but didn't really get into them until 2000. I have all 7 AFI albums, I've seen them live 3 times (and met them 3 times), and I plan on buying the Nitro retrospective when it comes out next month.
    wait...how do you have all 7 AFI albums? AFI is currently working on their 7th album. Unless you're talking about owning an E.P. They have 6 full-length albums and 2 E.P.s excluding Black Sails and Days of Phoenix etc...it's A Fire Inside E.P. and All Hallow's E.P. I have all of them. I've seen them live and met them once. Pretty awesome. Offspring got me into them too. I love them. I can't wait til the new album comes out.

I had a cigarette with them outside their gig in Brisbane, its weird, we were just stood there out the back talking to one of my mates who does lighting and shit for concerts...and then Davey came outside and I was like "woahhh" i was totally in the right place at the right time.

Saying that...one of my mates had cones with some of the members of Machinehead and Slayer in his car - thats even better.
    Freedom scares you because it means responsibility

we've had this thread