Page 33 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 802

Thread: A.F.I. (A Fire Inside)

  1. #321
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,068


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeadAroundU View Post
    But still better make-up than Maria.

    The missing frame is not a surprise for me.
    that was harsh, yet funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  2. #322
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    969


    Default

    My opinion of this album has changed dramatcially. I too find it to be pretty boring as a whole. I don't think I like the direction they've taken. When my girlfriend and I saw them live, they pretty much played nothing but STS and DU songs. There was 1 Art of Drowning song, 1 All Hallows, 1 Black Sails, and 1 Shut Your Mouth.....everything else, STS or DU. Lame. When I saw them the first time, when STS came out (I've been a fan for longer, but this was my first opportunity to see them live), their set was alot more varied. They played about an equal amount of songs from all their albums aside from the first three where they only played one from Shut Your Mouth and one from Very Proud of Ya. That show was awesome.

    But yeah...I think a few songs on DU are pretty cool, but as whole, I'm really bored with the album. That's never happened to me with an AFI cd before, either.
    It is difficult to fight against anger for a man who will buy revenge with his soul ~Pericolitis 500 B.C.

  3. #323
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,912


    Default

    i like them but their last album wasnt very good!
    whenever i learn something new it pushes some old knowledge out of my brain, remember that home wine making course when i forgot how to drive?!

  4. #324
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    England | UK
    Posts
    2,027


    Default

    At first, I only really got into them because of STS. Then I got into Black Sails In The Sunset and The Art Of Drowning for a bit. I didn't really like their stuff before that, but eventually I changed my mind and don't mind some of their older songs.

    But I really like December Underground, that and STS are two of my favourite albums out of all my music.
    "I'm just posting here so Hysteria has to change his name to Idiot". - Noodles

  5. #325
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    4,135


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Idiot View Post
    At first, I only really got into them because of STS. Then I got into Black Sails In The Sunset and The Art Of Drowning for a bit. I didn't really like their stuff before that, but eventually I changed my mind and don't mind some of their older songs.

    But I really like December Underground, that and STS are two of my favourite albums out of all my music.
    I second this
    Xbox live: Ninty Man UNAM

    About which women would you sleep with

    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    So you're choosing pornstars because you assume they'll be the ones least repulsed by the thought of having sex with you?

    This is the only reason I can think of. Man it must suck to be a fjeldabe.

    Me? My answer is the virgin mary, preferably pre-birth although that would ruin the mythos.

  6. #326
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    15,898


    Default

    I actually like how there's no common opinion about which AFI cds are bad and which ones are good. You have almost equal amounts of fans of from each album. Unlike, say, The Offspring, where everyone has the same general idea about which albums are the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

  7. #327
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    2,869


    Default

    Disagreed.

    AFI fans are still pretty polarised. You've got the hardcore "punkers" who will only listen to everything before Black Sails, you're got the opposite younger kids who only like Sing The Sorrow and Decemberunderground, and you have the kind of people who own all or most of their albums and tend to see Art Of Drowning as their best effort.

    I guess I fit into the latter category, although I really like Black Sails, too. Not a huge fan of their earlier work (it was ok, just pretty generic), and their newfound wussy factor and fashion statement kind of bothers me. I'm kind of a '99/'00 era fan, and I still think most of the people who have been with the band a long time see that as their peak.
    Last edited by Venom Symbiote; 11-08-2006 at 04:06 AM.

  8. #328
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,068


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom Symbiote View Post
    Disagreed.

    AFI fans are still pretty polarised. You've got the hardcore "punkers" who will only listen to everything before Black Sails, you're got the opposite younger kids who only like Sing The Sorrow and Decemberunderground, and you have the kind of people who own all or most of their albums and tend to see Art Of Drowning as their best effort.

    I guess I fit into the latter category, although I really like Black Sails, too. Not a huge fan of their earlier work (it was ok, just pretty generic), and their newfound wussy factor and fashion statemind kind of bothers me. I'm kind of a '99/'00 era fan, and I still think most of the people who have been with the band a long time see that as their peak.
    I very much agree with this. All of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  9. #329
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,707


    Default

    I'm special!
    All albums downloaded. I listen the last 4 albums only. STS is the best album.

  10. #330
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,157


    Default

    Eh, I'm special too.

    I have maybe three or four of their albums.

    I really love all the songs on the Compilation that Nitro made, and I dislike pretty much everything else they've released.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •