Page 77 of 81 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: A.F.I. (A Fire Inside)

afi are headlining the 2009 kroq acoustic christmas

does anyone really buy them as headliners for a festival? there were strong rumors of blink 182 or pearl jam headlining it
    Last edited by cool 2 hate 681; 11-16-2009 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    afi are headlining the 2009 kroq acoustic christmas

does anyone really buy them as headliners for a festival? there were strong rumors of blink 182 or pearl jam headlining it
    they "headlined" the give it a name festival in london a few years ago but i dont think its on the same scale. they were kinda just the last band on the bill and didnt do anything special in the way for example metallica or green do during their shows. to me, they dont have quite the arena style shows yet but have also gone too far away from the smaller venues!
    whenever i learn something new it pushes some old knowledge out of my brain, remember that home wine making course when i forgot how to drive?!

why the fuck did i just hear miss murder on the radio with an alternate bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by RODNEYMULLEN View Post
    why the fuck did i just hear miss murder on the radio with an alternate bridge?
    Was it Davey singing instead of screaming? Cause I THINK I heard it, just once, back when the song first debuted.
    Go on now they won‘t tell
    Go on now and save yourself

So, it took me a fucking long time to find it, so I've decided to upload it for everyone to enjoy:

AFI - Dork

Enjoy.

I can't get into AFI.Miss Murder is okay but I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by 1039 View Post
    I can't get into AFI.Miss Murder is okay but I don't know.
    AFI was good before they went major. Try listening to albums like Art of Drowning and Black Sails in the Sunset. They are much better than the three last, Sing the Sorrow, Decemberunderground and Crash Love.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Although this has been discussed multiple times, I still think that while the early AFI albums were really good, the newer(major) ones are still not that bad... my opinion:

Sing The Sorrow - great
    Decemberunderground - horrible
    Crash Love - good
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

i liked sing the sorrow but much preffered the older stuff. its just a shame they hardly play much from the first albums at shows, or at least the ones ive been to!
    whenever i learn something new it pushes some old knowledge out of my brain, remember that home wine making course when i forgot how to drive?!

Bumpitude because I'm selling a couple bits of rare AFI vinyl:

"Now the World" 10" picture disc: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...T#ht_500wt_949

Punk Fiction 10" featuring Davey in drag on the cover: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...T#ht_500wt_949
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street