Thread: Guitarists...

Default Guitarists...

I'm running my multi-effects unit through my amp like this:

The line out from my amp is going into the line in of the effects unit. The line out from the effects unit is going into the line in of my amp.

Is this what they call an 'effects loop', rather than running the pedal in-line (as in guitar-pedal-amp)?

What are the advantages of using such a setup?

BTW, during 'Nothing Else Matters' I'm using the clean chrous on the multi-effects, but want the onboard distortion of my amp (clean for all the song except the distorted rhythm under the solo), but bypassing the multi unit and stepping on the amp footswitch makes too long of a gap. Is there anyway I can step on the amp stompbox and automatically cut out/bypass the multi effects pedal?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnholyNightbringer
    Damn, she found me out. All I do is post on these forums and eat cheese in various forms.

Noez.

Quote Originally Posted by neocon58
    The line out from my amp is going into the line in of the effects unit. The line out from the effects unit is going into the line in of my amp.
    In that setup, there's no guitar. You're confusing me here. Sounds like a random loop only susceptible to gratuitous feedback.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Quote Originally Posted by T-6005
    In that setup, there's no guitar. You're confusing me here. Sounds like a random loop only susceptible to gratuitous feedback.

The 'line in' on the amp and 'guitar in' on the amp are two different things.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnholyNightbringer
    Damn, she found me out. All I do is post on these forums and eat cheese in various forms.

Noez.

ok, from the guitar put a cable into line in or input in to effects unit. the put another cord in the line out or output from effects unit into the amp. dead easy.