Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can I Get Some Advice?

Default Can I Get Some Advice?

I should probably be psychoanalyzed by a licensed psychologist, but nameless, shapeless people are all I have. Let's start out by Hi, My name is Tiphani. I have no self esteem and certain people to not help that along. What else, I absolutely love being involved, but sometimes that can seriously overwhelm someone. I have schoolwork, couple with actually being in school, then going to soccer practice until 6, and then from 6:30 to 9:45 I have play practice. I absolutely have a disdain for soccer, with my lack of skill and talent and hate of physical activity. I feel like I'm only doing it being of my academically successful sister. She made my dad so proud and happy, that I'm afraid of failing him by not doing a sport. It doesn't matter that I suck, or practice puts me in a bad mood on account of being around 26 bitches for two hours a day, I still just have to do it, mainly for college. I'm Key Club Vice President, and that requires a lot of my attention and focus, but its not there to give, even though I manage it somehow. I'm possibly going to take on the position of Pennsylvania District Webmaster, which is going to require even more time and effort. Next year, I found out that I'm the one they want as editor of the yearbook, and again, that will require my life, and I am truly worried about that. I have the creativity and skills needed, but do I have the effort and time to give? Whatever, I will make it work, even with the increased school stress of my junior year. If that wasn't enough, because of Spanish Ninos and various orthodonist appointments, inconveniently scheduled around the start of my last trimester, I have been missing my first and second period classes a lot, and I have things to make up in them, which apparently I am supposed to do after school. But, you see, I cannot, with Lebanon Valley International Culture Day approaching, I have to stay after with my Spanish teacher and study random information for that. Still think I'm uninvolved, I still have to deal with being a Student Council Member, and Spanish Club Historian. I recently was accepted into National Honor Society, and that is going to require a ton of my time too. All this, and keeping my grades an A is almost astonishing to me when I think about it. Despite my involvements, I also have to deal with my low self esteem, and constant fear that I'm going to make somebody not like me. I try to be the friendliest person I can be, since that is my natural reaction toward people, but high school is making my heart bitter. It's OK though, because soon it will be over and I'll be off to the relief of college. And I truly love acting in the musical, but it's the time factor that irks me. My schoolwork is suffering a little bit. I almost feel like there is a weight on me, and I just might break soon. It's killing me. Ahhh!!! So, any advice on how to handle my life? Well, for now, it's just going to be Keep on Trekking, and live my life one day at a time, and just get it all over with. One day, I'll thank myself for the stresses I put on myself in high school, and be able to enjoy the luxury of college life and reality later. Which by the way, college, I'm pretty worried about. Scared, actually. I really really really want to get into the University of Hawaii at Manoa, but I'm afraid I won't get accepted, and have to settle for a not as glamorous school.I'm sorry for taking up your time if you actually read through all of that.

Drop soccer. Your attitude will be better cause you'll be happier without it. It'll also give you more time for everything else, including your schoolwork. Spending more time on your schoolwork will increase your chances of getting into the college of your choice. Don't worry so much about the sport, you're so involved with everything else that it wont matter too much. And I think you'll be much more angry with yourself if you totally crash & burn from the stress than from having one less extracurricular activity.

just my $.02. *shrug*

i guess it's all about the dream

This seems pretty simple. What Rag Doll said makes perfect sense. You probably won't have too much trouble handling the rest because of your more positive outlook.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Also, don't pressure yourself to make people like you. Just hang around the ones that like you and make you feel more comfortable.
    Quote Originally Posted by coke_a_holic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 0r4ng3 View Post
    Wow, I did not expect that to be an actual website.

I know how you feel about that soccer thing. See, I'm on Track, currently in the outdoor season. The thing is, I suck, and I know I'll never improve. I'm really only on the team because I feel that I have to be on it. I don't really have anything else going for me, college-wise. I also don't want to disappoint my friends who are on the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkle
    Can I get some advice?
    Learn how to indent paragraphs.

This may seem unbelievable, but chances are you'll look back on high school and see it really wasn't as bad as you thought it was. Your problems now may be confounding, but tough it out and you'll see it's not the end of the world. I'm not trying to be a jerkbag or anything, just an opinion from someone who's been through such bs.

Track is the best sport to do when you suck :] Have fun waiting to run in the 100th heat of the 300m dash.
    omg sigged fuck you

That sucks.

Sounds to me like you're pretty stressed. I, for one, would implode under that kind of schedule. I have issues with responsibility, and I just suck at life in general. I don't even go to school anymore. After my first semister as a Freshman, I got what few credits I had taken away because I exceeded the "10 abscenses per semister" rule (There's that damn reaponsibility thing again), and I just coulden't handle the pressure of High School. All my teachers were bitches and dicks, which made me not want to go even more. But instead of completely "dropping out" I'm going to do the ghetto Online/home schooling thing instead to get my HS diploma... I also have a lazy issue.

I have to say, good for you for wanting to do sports and all that, but if you're only doing it to not feel below your sister, that can't be good, especially if you're truely not enjoying it. But I can understand your situation and why you're doing what you are.

Do you do all these things during the weekend also? I mean, besides the schoolwork and school, of course.

I'll call you Super-Woman.

I agree with Rag Doll. You definately don't need to worry about "failing" with your dad. I mean, you got accepted into the freaking NHS! If that isn't a reson to be proud of you, I don't know what is. Quite frankly, I am extremely impressed with everything you are doing and I wish you the best of luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Offspring-Fanatic
    no. thomas is the most awesome guy on here. you just don't find him funny because he is cooler than you.

Quote Originally Posted by sKratch
    Track is the best sport to do when you suck :] Have fun waiting to run in the 100th heat of the 300m dash.
    I loved it, and was rather good at it, but aside from High Jump, waiting for the first round of the 800 to start was death.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.