Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 2600

Thread: The Official Green Day Thread

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    22,238


    Default The Official Green Day Thread

    Okay, everyone. There have been tons of Green Day threads on this BBS, most of them useless. I understand that many Green Day fans visit this forum and wish to discuss them with other people who like the band, and that's fine. IN fact, I encourage that. But tons of Green Day threads multiplying exponentially everyday? Fuck that, it's bullshit.

    If you have ANYTHING to discuss concerning Green Day, do it here and no where else. Other Green Day threads can and/or will be deleted, moved, or merged into this topic, and both wheelchairman and myself reserve the right to do any or all with little or no explanation. Further questions concerning this decision should be e-mailed or PMed to me.

    This thread here will likely get tons of traffic, but at least the rest of this forum will be easier to navigate through.

    Thanks for what I'm hoping will be smooth cooperation.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    Wait, now you're trying to tell us the clitoris exists?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,240


    Default

    We need an official Jazz/fusion thread. =/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lionhead Bunny <3333
    Posts
    4,937


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNemesis
    Okay, everyone. There have been tons of Green Day threads on this BBS, most of them useless. I understand that many Green Day fans visit this forum and wish to discuss them with other people who like the band, and that's fine. IN fact, I encourage that. But tons of Green Day threads multiplying exponentially everyday? Fuck that, it's bullshit.

    If you have ANYTHING to discuss concerning Green Day, do it here and no where else. Other Green Day threads can and/or will be deleted, moved, or merged into this topic, and both wheelchairman and myself reserve the right to do any or all with little or no explanation. Further questions concerning this decision should be e-mailed or PMed to me.

    This thread here will likely get tons of traffic, but at least the rest of this forum will be easier to navigate through.

    Thanks for what I'm hoping will be smooth cooperation.
    Thanks for making this thread, nice to see I'm not the only one who thought this was a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    ... I can't believe I have noodlesfan's dick in my fucking photobucket.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Omnipresence
    Posts
    2,023


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNemesis
    Okay, everyone. There have been tons of Green Day threads on this BBS, most of them useless. I understand that many Green Day fans visit this forum and wish to discuss them with other people who like the band, and that's fine. IN fact, I encourage that. But tons of Green Day threads multiplying exponentially everyday? Fuck that, it's bullshit.
    Not it isn't, this idea of creating a sticky and merging everything Green Day related in here on the other hand is complete bullshit. Why do this and not create a thread for Justin to insult people or a thread for the usual sucking up and other retarded crap? Because doing that would be stupid just like this thread.

    Let people just talk in the right sections and intervene when they spam or post porn or whatever, but this is just ridiculous.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    705


    Default

    Way to give in.
    I'm a sycophantic piece of trash. Watch me try to charm you ineptly.
    Me and my drummer: http://www.savefile.com/files/1336999

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Appin, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    2,032


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus
    Not it isn't, this idea of creating a sticky and merging everything Green Day related in here on the other hand is complete bullshit. Why do this and not create a thread for Justin to insult people or a thread for the usual sucking up and other retarded crap? Because doing that would be stupid just like this thread.

    Let people just talk in the right sections and intervene when they spam or post porn or whatever, but this is just ridiculous.
    It makes sense to create this in other bands. Green Day are one of the most discussed bands in this section, and as such, should have some sort of sticky to keep it in just one thread.
    As for creating those other stickies, it is ridiculous, as Sin will just insult people in their own threads anyway, and sucking occurs everywhere on these boards.
    The Kuehn and Jones Orchestra
    True Sounds Of Liberty
    Nitro Nation on Myspace
    Myspace profile.
    People are like slinkies. Useless, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    8,680


    Default

    This is why I weep for the likes of humanity:

    Why does this sort of thing happen?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    8,680


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coke_a_holic
    This is why I weep for the likes of humanity:

    Why does this sort of thing happen?
    Because no one read this after bd007h wanted to get all defensive when someone bashed his favorite band, here it is again.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    22,238


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus
    Not it isn't, this idea of creating a sticky and merging everything Green Day related in here on the other hand is complete bullshit. Why do this and not create a thread for Justin to insult people or a thread for the usual sucking up and other retarded crap? Because doing that would be stupid just like this thread.

    Let people just talk in the right sections and intervene when they spam or post porn or whatever, but this is just ridiculous.
    This decision was made to make navigating the boards smoother for everyone. It was also made to try to get a sense of topic continuity going. What does comparing this to Justin accomplish? That's an issue for General Chat, a section I do NOT moderate, and thus, have no power over.

    This is letting people "talk in the right sections". It's just doing it in a way that's easier for everyone.

    Moderating is about more than spam and porn.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    Wait, now you're trying to tell us the clitoris exists?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    where it rains a lot
    Posts
    8,477


    Default

    billiejoe87 isn't yay.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •