Page 101 of 260 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2600

Thread: The Official Green Day Thread

Quote Originally Posted by yay
    Enjoyable is what they need to be. Offspring can pretend to be punk and have people such as you believe them when they clearly aren't. However at the end of the day Green day are more successful because they are more enjoyable, make better music and put on a live show that not only is much better than The Offsprings, but buries it. A guy who I spoke to at the pub a few months back and many others I've spoken to say The Offspring sound similiar to Green day but for some reason Green day are just better.
    Well, KISS put on the greatest live show ever, but did that make their music good? Also, I don't think The Offspring have really commented on what genre suits them, so it's safe to say they're pop-punk.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandematthew View Post
    Sometime I think about the Drama and Jokes I visit on this Board. This is not only for Drama and Jokes but some important information like Handmade Mattresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerguy123
    If you don't like The offspring, then leave these boards.
    ooohhh, bad move.
    Sometime I think about the Drama and Jokes I visit on this Board. This is not only for Drama and Jokes but some important information like Handmade Mattresses.

Quote Originally Posted by That_Guy91
    Well, KISS put on the greatest live show ever, but did that make their music good? Also, I don't think The Offspring have really commented on what genre suits them, so it's safe to say they're pop-punk.
    Well said .
    Quote Originally Posted by Offspring-Fanatic
    no. thomas is the most awesome guy on here. you just don't find him funny because he is cooler than you.

ooohhh, bad move.
    no it wasn't. I know he is going to say "but there are a lot of people here that don't like the Offspring!" But the difference between these people and him is that the other people are actually liked around here.
    no. thomas is the most awesome guy on here. you just don't find him funny because he is cooler than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerguy123
    no it wasn't. I know he is going to say "but there are a lot of people here that don't like the Offspring!" But the difference between these people and him is that the other people are actually liked around here.
    Not all of the well-liked people here like The Offspring, although they seem to tolerate them. I guess I see your point.

Not all of the well-liked people here like The Offspring, although they seem to tolerate them. I guess I see your point.
    yes, and those people are people like Yay that just need to leave because they serve no purpose here.

Green Day's live show is primarily focused on music, not a huge stage show. The stage show there doesn't really add to the songs at all, and the music is the driving force. I've seen and heard clips of the band live with no stage show or fireworks, and it's just as good as the ones featuring it. KISS on the other hand, made up for an obvious lack of good songs by putting on a huge stage show.

I can see why some people don't think that a band's live ability helps make them better, but to me it does. Especially in rock, punk rock (I'm not arguing who's punk and who isn't because it's a stupid argument that has nothing to do with anything) especially, it comes down to a band's ability to recreate their sound live. Green Day do a magnificant job capturing that energy from the album, plus adding to it by speeding songs up. The Offspring, while the earlier live clips from like '94-'99 are really good, seem really boring live anymore. Dexter's voice sounds whiny, but at the same time unemotional, and the songs seem really monotone and flat.

Now given, you can say that doesn't matter and to some people it might not, but to me it does.
    "I'll die before I surrender, Tim".

Quote Originally Posted by Jakebert
    Green Day's live show is primarily focused on music, not a huge stage show. The stage show there doesn't really add to the songs at all, and the music is the driving force. I've seen and heard clips of the band live with no stage show or fireworks, and it's just as good as the ones featuring it. KISS on the other hand, made up for an obvious lack of good songs by putting on a huge stage show.

I can see why some people don't think that a band's live ability helps make them better, but to me it does. Especially in rock, punk rock (I'm not arguing who's punk and who isn't because it's a stupid argument that has nothing to do with anything) especially, it comes down to a band's ability to recreate their sound live. Green Day do a magnificant job capturing that energy from the album, plus adding to it by speeding songs up. The Offspring, while the earlier live clips from like '94-'99 are really good, seem really boring live anymore. Dexter's voice sounds whiny, but at the same time unemotional, and the songs seem really monotone and flat.

Now given, you can say that doesn't matter and to some people it might not, but to me it does.

Did you not see the live performances in CMVC or Huck it? They were incredible. I have seen several live performances of Green Day (MTV Storytellers and Live8 to name a few...) and i was thoroughly disgusted. Billy joe cannot sing at all. Especially a ballad like Wake Me up When September Ends. Dexter, however, CAN pull off a ballad. look at Dirty Magic live (notice how they sped it up live) and Gone Away live. he pulls those off with such power and emotion when Billy Joe sings like he has a toad in his throat.

I thought The performances on the music video DVD were pretty good, too. The "Long Way Home" performance was probly my favorite on it. I haven't seen the Huck It one.

But, he's right. Green Day DO have more energy. Plus, they interact with the croud alot more than Offspring do, making their shows more fun.

I guess all of that is to make up for Billy Joe's horrible voice, then.