Page 2 of 260 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 2600

Thread: The Official Green Day Thread

  1. #11


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weirddimensions
    They seem to have gotten their minds set on regaining credibility as a punk band, like when they put out Insomniac, and both American Idiot and Insomniac turned out to be pretty awful. I really wish that Billie Joe could just disregard everything-cd sales, their reputation, even fan support-pretty much everything except for the music. It's the pop in their music that makes them as great as they are and not the punk. Insomniac had a really good song on it (Walking Contradiction) and a great one (Brain Stew), and the rest of the songs were alright to shitty. The new album is overrated, and like Metallica's St. Anger, it really could only appeal to people who either tend to get caught up in that kind of hype , or who have absolutely no understanding of what good music is and only listen to punk (or metal) because they like hearing loud noises. American Idiot is 98% generic rock and it's really a product of the band overcompensating (again) while trying to prove once and for all that they aren't pop. The only reason why the album's a hit and not a flop, which it deserves to be, is because most of the other bands on the radio today are even harder to listen to. If Insomniac came out last year instead, it probably would've made a run at 10 million albums sold. The bar's lower now than it was 10 years ago. It's probably never been lower in the history of music recorded with guitars....
    I liked Insomniac. The only problem I have with it is that all the songs sound too similar to eachother. American Idiot is okay, but nothing ground breaking. St. Jimmy is an awesome track.

    I'm always going to like Nimrod and Warning the best because that was the style of Green Day I was introduced to...

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    where it rains a lot
    Posts
    8,477


    Default

    JohnnyNemesis is better than Green Day in every way and always will be.
    Hey... where's the thread for you?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    185


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weirddimensions
    They seem to have gotten their minds set on regaining credibility as a punk band, like when they put out Insomniac, and both American Idiot and Insomniac turned out to be pretty awful. I really wish that Billie Joe could just disregard everything-cd sales, their reputation, even fan support-pretty much everything except for the music. It's the pop in their music that makes them as great as they are and not the punk. Insomniac had a really good song on it (Walking Contradiction) and a great one (Brain Stew), and the rest of the songs were alright to shitty. The new album is overrated, and like Metallica's St. Anger, it really could only appeal to people who either tend to get caught up in that kind of hype , or who have absolutely no understanding of what good music is and only listen to punk (or metal) because they like hearing loud noises. American Idiot is 98% generic rock and it's really a product of the band overcompensating (again) while trying to prove once and for all that they aren't pop. The only reason why the album's a hit and not a flop, which it deserves to be, is because most of the other bands on the radio today are even harder to listen to. If Insomniac came out last year instead, it probably would've made a run at 10 million albums sold. The bar's lower now than it was 10 years ago. It's probably never been lower in the history of music recorded with guitars....
    Wow you really out a lot of effort into that. Anyway, I thought Insomniac was an awesome album and was incredibly underrated. American Idiot is a good album, but what it's problem is, is that it has attracted the following of a very large teenage girl audience who otherwise would be listening to a Good Charlotte, Simple Plan or Busted record and have no idea about the good old Dookie days. I think American Idiot being overplayed is what has driven it to annoy longtime fans. If it was played equally to Warning or Nimrod, people would not get sick of it and realise it is easily better than either of those two. I didn't say Dookie because Dookie got played heaps and deserved it, barely anyone disputes that, and Insomniac barely got played, when it definately should have.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    185


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yay
    This is an automatic spam post. There is no need to reply.
    Eww, that avatar is gross dude, that shit's beyond funny. Which remind me, mines getting a bit outdated.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    22,238


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by billiejoe87
    Eww, that avatar is gross dude, that shit's beyond funny. Which remind me, mines getting a bit outdated.
    Why are you talking to yourself? You made the exact same post under the yay account, then deleted the first, so we know what's going on. Either you have two names, or you're plagiarizing. Either way, cut it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    Wait, now you're trying to tell us the clitoris exists?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    185


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNemesis
    Why are you talking to yourself? You made the exact same post under the yay account, then deleted the first, so we know what's going on. Either you have two names, or you're plagiarizing. Either way, cut it out.
    WTF are you on about? I just changed my avatar from the black and white Green day one I had before.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    22,238


    Default

    I'm getting at this, which was posted by yay tonight:


    Quote Originally Posted by yay
    Wow you really out a lot of effort into that. Anyway, I thought Insomniac was an awesome album and was incredibly underrated. American Idiot is a good album, but what it's problem is, is that it has attracted the following of a very large teenage girl audience who otherwise would be listening to a Good Charlotte, Simple Plan or Busted record and have no idea about the good old Dookie days. I think American Idiot being overplayed is what has driven it to annoy longtime fans. If it was played equally to Warning or Nimrod, people would not get sick of it and realise it is easily better than either of those two. I didn't say Dookie because Dookie got played heaps and deserved it, barely anyone disputes that, and Insomniac barely got played, when it definately should have.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    Wait, now you're trying to tell us the clitoris exists?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    185


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNemesis
    I'm getting at this, which was posted by yay tonight:
    Maybe that means yay is plaguirising. I get your drift though now, i was wondering what you were talking about.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    22,238


    Default

    It was posted before you posted yours though. Yours reads 11:02PM on mine, while the post I quoted from yay was put up at 11:00PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    Wait, now you're trying to tell us the clitoris exists?

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    185


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNemesis
    It was posted before you posted yours though. Yours reads 11:02PM on mine, while the post I quoted from yay was put up at 11:00PM.
    Are you sure, or is this an attempt to uncover something. If it's true I don't have a defence to it, because you have evidence. Although IP address confirmation and a good personality check would prove I am not yay. Anyway yay was proven to be the same user as Fuckme. He even admitted that.
    Last edited by billiejoe87; 08-04-2005 at 09:47 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •