Page 51 of 260 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Green Day Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerguy123
    If Atom can play what other people have written for him, and that includes Long Way Home, he is way better than Tre Cool. And Ron is way better at drums than Tre Cool. Look at Hypodermic, Session, Tehran, Meaning of Life, Change the World, TKAA (it's harder than you think), Come Out Swinging, among others. Tre Cool doesn't even come close. Believe me, I have payed very close attention to both of their drumming.
    So naturally because you call yourself drummerguy, you are entitled to override other peoples opinions regarding drumming, and state flatout that Ron and Atom are both better than Tré?
    The Kuehn and Jones Orchestra
    True Sounds Of Liberty
    Nitro Nation on Myspace
    Myspace profile.
    People are like slinkies. Useless, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten
    So naturally because you call yourself drummerguy, you are entitled to override other peoples opinions regarding drumming, and state flatout that Ron and Atom are both better than Tré?
    That isn't why. I say they are better drummers because they are better drummers. I also gave examples to support my claim. Don't be attacking me for these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offspring-Fanatic
    no. thomas is the most awesome guy on here. you just don't find him funny because he is cooler than you.

That isn't why. I say they are better drummers because they are better drummers. I also gave examples to support my claim. Don't be attacking me for these things.
    Fine, I wont attack you for stating your opinion, it is my personal opinion that Tré is a better drummer than both of them.
    True Sounds Of Liberty
    Nitro Nation on Myspace
    Myspace profile.
    People are like slinkies. Useless, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Fine, I wont attack you for stating your opinion, it is my personal opinion that Tré is a better drummer than both of them.
    Okay, that is fine with me. Just out of curiosity, though, could you give me some examples and maybe upload them so I can compare myself? Thanks.
    no. thomas is the most awesome guy on here. you just don't find him funny because he is cooler than you.

Okay, that is fine with me. Just out of curiosity, though, could you give me some examples and maybe upload them so I can compare myself? Thanks.
    He seems to be a lot more technical, and can play a wide range of drum styles. To be fair, I haven't actually heard either Atom or Ron deviate from the punk/rock genre.
    True Sounds Of Liberty
    Nitro Nation on Myspace
    Myspace profile.

He seems to be a lot more technical, and can play a wide range of drum styles. To be fair, I haven't actually heard either Atom or Ron deviate from the punk/rock genre.
    I know Ron can. Look at Pay the Man. [Most of] that is not punk drumming. Besides, Ron is faster than Tre and moves more freely around the drums.

Quote Originally Posted by abadon11
    OFFSPRING SUXXX!!!!! GREENDAY ROX!!!!!!
    And on what do you base this statement?

I know Ron can. Look at Pay the Man. [Most of] that is not punk drumming. Besides, Ron is faster than Tre and moves more freely around the drums.
    Is there a video of The Offspring playing Pay The Man live, if they ever did it?
    True Sounds Of Liberty
    Nitro Nation on Myspace
    Myspace profile.

Is there a video of The Offspring playing Pay The Man live, if they ever did it?
    I don't know about a video. I have heard a live audio clip, though. And to add to what I was saying earlier, Tehran's drumming is something you don't see everyday.

I don't know about a video. I have heard a live audio clip, though. And to add to what I was saying earlier, Tehran's drumming is something you don't see everyday.
    Tré overall can play the fastest of them, just because he doesn't do it all the time, doesn't mean he can not, it just means that it doesn't fit with the overall sound of Green Day as a whole.
    True Sounds Of Liberty
    Nitro Nation on Myspace
    Myspace profile.