Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What about Obesity?

Default What about Obesity?

Alot of things have been mentioned but none of it is about obesity (There probably is a thread somewhere about it, I haven't checked every page).

But now in the UK about 46% of men in England and 32% of women are overweight (their body mass being about 25-30 kg) and 17% of men and 21% of women are obese (body mass of over 30 kg). And around 13% of 8 year olds and 17% of 15 year olds in England were obese.

In the USA about 34 percent of U.S. adults age 20 and older are overweight, and about 30 percent or 59 million people are obese. Also 15 percent of children age 6 to 19 are overweight, about triple the proportion 20 years ago.

(Please inform me if any of my statistics are wrong).

Lightbulb

Easy solution; refuse obese people treatment on the NHS, unless it's not their fault, eg because of some genetic thing.

Do the same to smokers and we solve two problems - the shortage of cash in the NHS and also the dangers of passive smoking.

I don't see obesity as a huge political issue (pun unintended).
    and no wonder hearts and minds have been won

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles is gay
    Easy solution; refuse obese people treatment on the NHS, unless it's not their fault, eg because of some genetic thing.
    That's stupid. What about people who are genetically more liable to obesity? Or those with low metabolisms?

Instead of taking money away from them, which will only make them feel worse and won't solve anything, (making your solution, the worst solution ever), why don't we try and help them?

I would personally recommend some kind of national athletic program or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Alas, Wheelchairman, you do not live in England! They are actually doing the opposite to what you have suggested; selling off school fields for extra funds and abolishing sports days because it isn't 'nice' for the children who lose.

Bloody nanny state.

Quote Originally Posted by Vera
    I don't see obesity as a huge political issue (pun unintended).
    Just what I was gonna say.
    I hate myself....Irony is fucked

Quote Originally Posted by TripBoy
    Obesity should be outlawed. Offenders should be put in forced labour camps until they're in shape. If they're so fat that manual labour would kill them, they should just be shot and thrown in a mass grave.
    I'm overweight, but I do bmx, snowboarding, play 2 instruments, sing, run, jump, do sports, dance.... I don't like hard candy, I don't like choclate or cake that much either. Although, I do tend to get the munchies alot and have a short term memory sometimes. I think. But yeah, if they're weighing down airplanes, put them on a tredmill.

americans and japanese people have vacuum cleaners that vacuum by themselves. Americans have concentrated cheese in a can, shredded lettuce in a bag, rolling devices you stand on so you don't have to walk, 3 pound cheeseburgers made with grease, a device that's a chair you sit in that rolls you up or downstairs, so you don't have to walk up or down stairs. that last one is only good for old people with authuritis. or amputees. otherwise, if you use any of this stuff, you are a lazy fat fuck..I admit, I bought concentrated cheese in a can once, but it tasted like drywall, so I gave it to my dogs.

Some people shouldn't eat fast food. It's just they're too dumb to realise and then they complain. A few weeks back I saw a 5 year old girl stuffing herself with the second huge hamburger. Her grandmother seems to buy her everything she wants. And the poor thing was already overweight. I mean, watch out a little what your children eat.

Thousands of years ago people did not eat crap and were forced to move a lot. Do you think anyone was obese then? It's mankind's own fault.

what about for the people who look like they are on heroin like scott weiland? you know people like me...i have actually been trying to gain weight...ya thats not happening, i look like i went on a coke binge or something man. but ya what can we do besides telling them it is unhealthy and provide programs they can enter into? they actually have to want to lose the weight...some people dont care or dont try.