Thread: Offspring In Australia

Default Offspring In Australia

Did anyone catch offspring in Aus, it was a great tour.

yeah i did in melbourne. bodyjar was awsome too. the offspring were so loud, my ears were blocked and ringing for weeks. the dude snatched my camera off me and didn't get it back until the end. i didn't get a chance to go to the merch store because i didn't wanna lose my spot in the front and they were leading us out after the show. i'm disappointed, they shouldv'e had a signing or something like that. but overall, it was great!

Yeah at Festival Hall it was good, Something Corporate sucked though.

Quote Originally Posted by borgy
    Yeah at Festival Hall it was good, Something Corporate sucked though.
    yeah. the first band was for amusment only wasn't it?

Something Corporate did a better job than bodyjar at the brissy show.

Bodyjar played so badly it wasnt funny, they didnt really seem to be interested and the singer was singing in a monotonic tone. It was heinous - and I wasnt a happy bunny. Then Offspring came on and I was like "fuck yeah". We also had the Disables - an awesome brisbane punk band, check 'em out...they rock.
    Freedom scares you because it means responsibility

we've had this thread

I went to the Adelaide concert, it was wicked! but it also sucked cause I lined up 4 hours early I should've had a spot right at the front but the way they let everyone in was stupid and heaps of people got in ahead of me so I had to crush people outta my way just to get my crappy spot at the fence way off to the side. Also this idiot from the radio station was tryin to get the crowd all hyped up while we were in line and he accidently elbowed me really hard in the head! (I got less hurt when I was gettin crushed and kicked by crowd surfers!). I took heaps of photos but only a few worked (I had an old camera that you put film in! eww!) and the gaps between songs and the bands were soooooo long people were gettin pretty pissed off.

Despite all that, the Offspring sounded awesome, I thought Bodyjar and Something corporate weren't too bad (but I was happy when they got off the stage) and I didn't get too harrased by drunks. I can't wait to do it again!!!

i went to perth show, was well organised, didnt have to line up long, got a good spot, sound wasnt bad, except for "something corporate" (they wernt there for amusement, they were there to make offspring appear even better) and "bodyjar" who both suckked really bad, I loved offspring, played all my fav songs should have been on for longer but hey, ide go again and again...

since i cant be arsed writing it all again, heres my review of the adelaide show: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/revie...004/index.html

and yeah, sam mac from triple m was there getting the crowd to sing offspring before the show.

Quote Originally Posted by tle_punk
    yeah. the first band was for amusment only wasn't it?
    Yeah it was

Quote Originally Posted by punk_flamingo
    Something Corporate did a better job than bodyjar at the brissy show.

Bodyjar played so badly it wasnt funny, they didnt really seem to be interested and the singer was singing in a monotonic tone. It was heinous - and I wasnt a happy bunny. Then Offspring came on and I was like "fuck yeah". We also had the Disables - an awesome brisbane punk band, check 'em out...they rock.
    They acctually played spot on in Melbourne maybe they were sick of the Tour by that show? cause they played with so much energy in Melbourne and the singer joked with the crowd... even said they would cover Shine On You Crazy Diamond by Pink Floyd naturally he was joking