Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: homeless animals

Exclamation homeless animals

Does your country have many homeless animals? Does it have a shelter or sth for them? Do they kill the animals in a certain amount of time if they are not addopted?
    I would like to know about this from each of you how your government deal or not about this topic!

Over here the only homeless animals are actually wild animals. Sure there are a few homeless animals which 'belong' to a family, but they're mostly taken care of in a animal asylum.
    And most of them do get killed if they're not gonna be adopted.
    Last edited by Tijs; 12-14-2004 at 03:43 PM.
    * !

Quote Originally Posted by acgc2002
    Does your country have many homeless animals? Does it have a shelter or sth for them? Do they kill the animals in a certain amount of time if they are not addopted?
    I would like to know about this from each of you how your government deal or not about this topic!
    yep we have PAWS (philippine animal welfare society). it's a non-euthanasia animal shelter and rescue group. they would only euthanize an animal if it were terminally ill and in pain. otherwise he can live a good life there if he doesn't get adopted

In Serbia they have dogs everywhere. But they really dont bother anyone and nobody cares. They really dont bother to pick em up and kill em because there are more important things to spend money on, especially since the economy never recovered from the war with the US.

Arrow

I know there's a few animal shelters in Toronto... I think they do put down animals but not very often....
    But overall I haven't seen many homeless animals here... cats in Kensington Market maybe... but those belong to the store owners... i think...

...you’ve been chosen as an extra in the movie adaptation of the sequel to your life.

+++++++++++
    .just another happy junkie.

||||||||||||||||||||||||

In Denmark every dog is leashed. Except in Christania (Sic you might want to research the history of Christiania Fristaden, it's a place created by Anarchists and other leftists and still exists today. It exists in the middle of Copenhagen, but the cops are not allowed in (they usually have to fight their way in), hash is grown freely, no taxes, everyone lives decently and everyone pitches in community work.) Anyways in Christania dogs tend to wander around in packs or by themselves or whatever.

I've never bothered to research animal welfare in Denmark. Because I really couldn't care less.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

In my town in Italy...There are so many homless cats roaming the streets. No one really does anything about it...they just let them roam...I don't know of any shelters. I don't really look into things like that because I'm only there about once a year.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    In Denmark every dog is leashed. Except in Christania (Sic you might want to research the history of Christiania Fristaden, it's a place created by Anarchists and other leftists and still exists today. It exists in the middle of Copenhagen, but the cops are not allowed in (they usually have to fight their way in), hash is grown freely, no taxes, everyone lives decently and everyone pitches in community work.) Anyways in Christania dogs tend to wander around in packs or by themselves or whatever.

I've never bothered to research animal welfare in Denmark. Because I really couldn't care less.

sounds intriguing

...you’ve been chosen as an extra in the movie adaptation of the sequel to your life.

+++++++++++
    .just another happy junkie.

||||||||||||||||||||||||

Angry

I think People should get their cats spayed or neutered and keep them inside, I see dead kittes in the road all the time

and in the small Florida town where I live there are no strays at all. I think they get a month or two after their capture before they're put down.