Page 1 of 141 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official World Cup Thread

Default The Official FIFA Football Leagues Thread 06-07

I know theres a soccer thread, but its a bit old, and it obviously isnt an Official World Cup thread.

I'll start this off with teams I'll be following, teams I think will do good, and teams I think will choke horribly, aside from teams I'm following)

Following: Italy, the US, Poland
    Teams that will do good: Ivory Coast, Sweden, Togo, Mexico
    Teams that will choke horribly: Spain, Germany, France, Czech Republic

Tbh, I have no real reason for Togo doing good. For Mexico and Sweden, they have relatively easy groups. Sweden DOES play England, but I think theyre an absolute lock for second place in the group at least, and will prolly play Poland or Germany in the second round. Ivory Coast I think will shock either Argentina or the Netherlands and get to the second round.

Well.. Spain always chokes. Germany is the weakest they have been in years, and their best player (imo) is injured. France, is aging, and also the weakest theyve been in years. Cisse fucking his leg up certainly doesnt help. The Czech Republic relies heavily on Pavel Nedved. Theyre in the group of death, and personally its a toss up between them and the US for second imho, and I think the US can take them out.
    Last edited by arak0r; 07-24-2006 at 12:47 PM.
    arak0rs comin yo! arak0rs comin!

I think England will do well, but one of our best players will fuck up and we'll go out in the semi-finals.
    www.alm-events.co.uk

You obsess over sports quite a lot, for a fat fuck.

I agree that Germany will do vveerry bad. I cant say a lot about the other teams because I am not so big on sports, but I am informed when it comes to the German soccer team :P
    Ballack is going to play, though. That's at least what he said he'd do.

he prolly will play, though i hear he is in doubt for the first game against costa rica.

Czech is fucking ace, I'm hoping for good things. Nedved is not their only brilliant player, they have loads of young, promising players, too. Overall top team. Euro 2004, hello.

But there's no way of predicting this shit. Germany doesn't have much a chance, though. Neither does France but Les Bleus always has a place in my heart, anyway.

Hope Brazil doesn't absolutely dominate again, that'd just be boring, though Brazil does play an awesome sort of footie, very energetic and good to watch.
    and no wonder hearts and minds have been won

last i checked greece won it in 2004 :P

Did you watch any of the games? Greece was a success of one man and one man only - the coach. And their game? SUCKED. Boring, uber-defensive football and no offence, except they somehow always managed to score a goal per game - the goal with which they won the match.

It annoyed the fuck out of me. Czech? Didn't lose a fucking game except the one against Greece, that assfuck of a team.

Also, the final? Portugal was SABOTAGED. I say fuck moral victories but it certainly was one for Portugal AND for Czech.

So glad Greece isn't in this one because it shows what they are - a shooting star, here one minute, gone the next. Talent? Not really.

Again, everyone who watched Euro 2004 games would come out saying that while Greece won, Czech was the strongest team overall.
    and no wonder hearts and minds have been won

France are a little bit screwed: Cisse has broken ANOTHER leg. Ha.

Cisse: out for most of 04/05 with a broken left leg, comes back spectacularily, becomes France's top scorer of 2006....Breaks his right leg 10 minutes into their last friendly. Gutted.

ROONEY IS HEALTHY!!!! Oh man, I can't tell you all how good it feels to be an Englishman and to hear that Ronney'll be ready for the World Cup. Granted, he's out of match practice, but that matters not!

I'm not a big football fan, but I always try to watch World Cup. Well, my country is bad in this sport, they are walkers with ball, so I always support(?) German football. I hope they will win competition!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Studly
    I don't have real feelings.
    Ne daigne!