Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Peterson doesn't deserve death

Default Scott Peterson doesn't deserve death

If anything, he deserves a pat on the back for assertive himself and standing up to his naggy wife.

Seriously, though, committing one murder (the double murder thing is bullshit, abortion is legal so it's hypocritical) in those circumstances does not justify death, even if the death penalty was justified. He should get 25 to life, with the possibility of parole. Or maybe he could be the leader of a widowers support group.

how far along was his wife?
    _____..____.......____....._______
    ./..___/..\__..\.../......\...| _....__ \.
    .\___.\..../.__.\.|..Y.Y.|...\..|.....\/.
    /____. >.(___ |/__|_|. \ /__|.........
    ........\/........\/.........\/................

I believe that baby was past legal abortion age. I personally don't think he should have gotten the death penalty. I think he should have gotten life imprisonment without the possibility of parole. What he did was so wrong. If he was unhappy in his marriage, he should have just gotten a
    divorce. He didn't have to kill Laci and Conner.

Why without parole? His crime was insane and obviously showed he had a twisted mind, by it's a case where they should be open to the possibility of reforming.

It's only a double murder because of American religious fundementalists. Conner was not a full human being.

without parole because I feel he deserves to suffer for what he did. There's no suffering in death, and no suffering if he were to be paroled.

If Laci was over 3 months pregnant, the fetus could no longer be aborted and would be considered a human being. That's the law.

"Peterson, 27, has not been seen since the morning of Christmas Eve, when her husband, Scott, said he left her at home to travel to Berkeley for a solo fishing trip. He reported her missing that evening when he returned home. Peterson is eight months pregnant."

Laci was 8 months pregnant. Now you can't tell me you really believe that baby was not a full human, or you know nothing about babies at all.

Abortion is illegal after 3 months in America? Goddam talk about a crap country.

25 to life with possibility of parole. But I am biased against the death penalty,not being an American.

The religious extremists who make the abortion laws consider a late term fetus a human. I, and most rational people, don't.

And why the fuck should someone suffer for a crime? What is this, the middle ages? Vengeance is a silly concept and it's unbelievable that it's actively considered in the 21st century.

If someone murdered your mother and father in cold blood, would you want them to suffer, or would you prefer they be left to go about their life as usual, like nothing happened?

Prison should be both a place of reform and a place of punishment. In my opinion, for the act of premeditated murder, of willingly taken another human life, the punishment should be the removal of the possibility of living out any of the remainder of your life a free man/woman.

I think you're getting too caught up in thinking prisons should be based solely around reforming those that have already committed crimes that you forget it's also meant to dissuade those considering committing a criminal act, something that I think removing the future possibility of parole does more effectively than keeping that possibility in place. It may be to a relatively small effect, but if it prevents only a few murders a year, I'd say it's worth it.
    “It is a strange paradox that today’s central banks are generally staffed by economists, who by and large profess a belief in a theory which says that their jobs are, at the best, unnecessary, and more likely wealth-destroying. Needless to say, this is not a point widely discussed among respectable economists. Nevertheless, it is an issue worth pondering.”

George Cooper, The Origin of Economic Crises