Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need computer//internet//browser help!

Default I need computer//internet//browser help!

I have 2 little problems.

1. Whenever I go to gmail on my PC Mozilla freezes. The log in page works fine, but as soon as I log in, it goes wrong. I tried deleting my cookies, and the cache (I think that's what I did at least.), and I want to delete the temporary files, but I don't know where to do that.

Does anyone know what could be the problem? (And where I could delete the temp files?) It works fine on my laptop =/

2. Then I figured maybe it would work on IE. So I open IE, and then came to the conclusion that the internet doesn't even work on there, I cna't connect to any site. The "work offline" thingie is not on, so that's not it. I don't know what's up with that either.

Anyone who can help? That'd be awesome.

Did you tried using another browser?

Like I said, I tried using IE, but the internet doesn't work on there, and I thought downloading ANOTHER one would be a little crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tizzalicious
    I tried deleting my cookies, and the cache (I think that's what I did at least.), and I want to delete the temporary files, but I don't know where to do that.
    When you deleted the cache, you deleted the the temp files.
    2. Then I figured maybe it would work on IE. So I open IE, and then came to the conclusion that the internet doesn't even work on there, I cna't connect to any site. The "work offline" thingie is not on, so that's not it. I don't know what's up with that either.
    maybe your firewall(if you have one) is blocking it?

nah, try opera too: opera.com

it's difficult to say what could be the problem. google uses a lot of javascript etc.

Jebus, okay, I don't think I have one...not one that I didn't have before at least, and it used to work =/

Endy, okay, I'll try that, (once I got my lazy ass out of bed and on the PC) thanks!

Maybe try reinstalling firefox(I'm assuming you meant firefox). If you still have the original mozilla, get the new firefox already.

As for ie, you probably tried it already, but try clearing the temp files/cookies on it too if you didn't. Also, limit IE's temp folder to 50mb if not already.

or if you want to use the suite, get the latest&greatest http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus
    Maybe try reinstalling firefox(I'm assuming you meant firefox). If you still have the original mozilla, get the new firefox already.

As for ie, you probably tried it already, but try clearing the temp files/cookies on it too if you didn't. Also, limit IE's temp folder to 50mb if not already.
    I think I did...but I'm not sure, I'll do it again.

I'm using this Mozilla that also has a mailbox included...and I'd like to keep that (for my non-gmail mail...) I could check if they have an update on that too, though. I did get this quite a long time ago. Would I lose my favourites? Eep.

(Edit: Endy, yes that's what I'm using, except it's not called seamonkey, so I'll get that new version.)

sounds hella annoying. I had the exact same problem and that was because my java scripts somehow got deleted.