Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A question for everyone not from America

Default A question for everyone not from America

It's really discouraging and rather infuriating (to make an understatement) that many of us "yanks" are working day in and day out to fight the imperialist attitude that our government is taking, and yet we're still lumped in with all the insults. And so I ask, what the fuck? Should we just stop trying, start screaming about the "damn towelheads," and gain 50 pounds? Would that make things easier for you?
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

You're right. And you know what, I'd make a damn good neo-conservative as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

The thing with generalizations is that. Well, they exist. And then you have a big country like the US and well, you can't put everyone under the same file. You can't even put all the Bush voters under the same file.

Anyway, if this was triggered by something someone on this BBS says... Well, it is the BBS. And the people on it are not the most ...you know.
    and no wonder hearts and minds have been won

We can start by not going to other countries as tourists, completely mocking their cultures and making fools of ourselves publicly. As a half European, getting pigeonholled as an ignorant redneck anoys me just as much as seeing an obese American family asking people in English where the nearest McDonalds is. Electing Bush did make Americans look bad worldwide, but our obnoxious self rightiousness we bring with us abroad certainly doesn't help.

But we're all on the same side as far as hating American self-righteousness goes. For every American that asks for directions in the language of the country he or she is visiting, the only thing that people notice is the ugly American who demands loudly and slowly in poor English where the McDonald's is.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Gain 50lbs around the chest area I'll love you.
    Vera Says:
    Masturbation > women

Stop posting.

Most American tourists that you see in touristy areas are obnoxious, because tourists that aren't will actually visit the places of relevence instead of the blown up tourist traps.

I agree with you regarding the unfair generalizations... and would also like to add, along the same vein, that it sucks to constantly hear that the half that DID vote for Bush are "ignorant", "idiots" etc.

Jesus 1565 I'm not going to lump you in with the rednecks but that was the sookiest bunch of shit I've read in a while. With whingeing of that magnitude are you sure you aren't a closeted English?

Sic hit the nail on the head. The shit yanks do as tourists is far more infuriating than them exercising their democratic rights.

If you feel you are unfairly judged then I would think that giving up the fight is the worst possible solution.