Thread: someone please tell me why the war on iraq even started

i live in a small town called stockton in england

Question someone please tell me why the war on iraq even started

is it because bush was finding bin laden( oh yeh but he dont live in iraq does he) oh i get it, the biggest terrorist can walk free aslong as bush has his oil. thats sounds about rite .

I think it was for oil, Bush used Saddam Hussein and Bin Laden (sp?) as an excuse to get cheap oil. Also my personal view is that he just likes guns, cowboys and killing people; Bush can have some fun in Iraq too.

i live in a small town called stockton in england

i think he just wants to make sure he goes down in history for a war,which is lame.

My best guess is that there are 3 reasons.

1. Oil, with the rising Chinese market for oil, competition will rise, and since America is already unpopular with a few middle Eastern oil fields, it won't be an easy competition. There are a few oil fields out there, that are larger, Saudi Arabia's for example. But then attacking the land of the two holy mosques would be incredibly stupid. Especially since the Royal House of Saud loves us, even if there supporters don't. I believe Russia is up there, but it would be very hard to justify a war on Russia now. Iran perhaps, but then again, we've been working on destroying the infrastructure of Iraq for the past 10 years, while Iran has been building and rebuilding. And Iraq was already largely unpopular.

2. Support for the state of Israel. This would be an appeasement to those wacko Christian Republicans, this would continue to assert our incredibly backwards support for what is an apartheid regime with an openly racist policy. Now we can support them even better, yayzorz.

3. Assertation of American military dominance. Since the Monroe Doctrine has this been a necessary bargaining chip for America, it's also necessary for a superpower, because if it is usurped, well we wouldn't want to go the way of England would we?
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Alas, my poor England.

I'm not quite sure that Bush is worth all the credit you've given him there, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles is gay
    Alas, my poor England.

I'm not quite sure that Bush is worth all the credit you've given him there, though.
    Yes, like Bush is the real leader. And people who have been planning this war for years (Cheney, Rumsfield) are merely advice-givers. I suppose I should be happy that Bush really doesn't make the decisions.

Oh dear, just imagine the consequences…

I’m thinking World War 3, just for a little joke on the Russians.

Bush is merely a puppet; I just hope he doesn’t have the intelligence to realize.

What if he does? What can he do, really?

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles is gay

Bush is merely a puppet; I just hope he doesn’t have the intelligence to realize.
    Oh of course he does. He's an idiot, but I'm sure he knows that he's a puppet, and I know he probably enjoys being president, and spiritual leader as well.

I think it was either to get revenge on what happened when his dad was president, or for oil.
    I hate myself....Irony is fucked