Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the famous and opinions

Default the famous and opinions

what do you guys think about celebrities speaking out about their opinions? i know there's a lot of people that get irked by it, and think that these people should shut up and play or act, or etc.
    everyone has an opinion, and everyone can speak their mind, famous or not. i think people get mad that the famous get easier access to speak their mind, but they can help speak for us.

"when i picked up my guitar, i didnt put down my citizenship" tom morrello
    Last edited by StayInTheHouseCarl; 12-21-2004 at 09:40 PM.
    Rita corny, Michael

It's a shame that two years ago anyone who said anything remotely nonsuportive about the bush regime, even if factually true, was viewed as unpatriotic and therfor faced horrible criticism. As a mucisian, you should have something to say anyway.

I think that everyone in a band should just shut the fuck up. Especially if they are going to try to get me to question my world view. Can't they see that everything in the world is just peachy? If my country does it then it can't be wrong, unless it comes out of my pocketbook in the form of taxes. That's what being a patriot means, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles
    I think that everyone in a band should just shut the fuck up. Especially if they are going to try to get me to question my world view. Can't they see that everything in the world is just peachy? If my country does it then it can't be wrong, unless it comes out of my pocketbook in the form of taxes. That's what being a patriot means, right?
    Although I like you alot Noodles I disagree. This world isn't peachy and the country...your country as you put it isn't doing it's job. It is doing the opposite. Being a patriot doesn't mean being a geinuy pig of the government. It is doing your role as a citizen to make the country better not just for you but for everyone. And that cannot be achieved with this government.
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP
    What is this obsession with Hanson?! You chose Hanson over me when I am clearly superior.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnholyNightbringer
    I just polished all of my room surfaces with Raid.

Quote Originally Posted by shatskater
    Although I like you alot Noodles I disagree. This world isn't peachy and the country...your country as you put it isn't doing it's job. It is doing the opposite. Being a patriot doesn't mean being a geinuy pig of the government. It is doing your role as a citizen to make the country better not just for you but for everyone. And that cannot be achieved with this government.
    I think he was being sarcastic, yo.

oh, i dunno lets see if he will post here and find out.
    What is this obsession with Hanson?! You chose Hanson over me when I am clearly superior.

It was funny. Especially if shatskater thought it was true.

ya its a shame, i should stop comeing in the middle of a convo.

Okay, this is a theory, and I feel I have to say it... please don't attack me too much.

So, generally a difference between republicans and democrats is that republicans know the value of money. This is of course in the economic sense and does not have to do with the more moral/social issues. This can be argued all you want, and yes there are some/many republicans that are just brought up that way and don't really question why they think the way they do.

Anyway, if you look at groups of people that are strongly democratic you've got: celebrities (musicians, actors, etc), professors (I'm thinking more arts/humanities), punkrockers, media, college students...

And so what do these groups have in common... well... celebrities have been able to be very successful in doing what they love. They may not see the full value of their money and the hard work it takes for some people to earn it. You can argue that they face hardships as well all you want, I realize that, but it's still different I think. College students have still not really had to take care of themselves yet and also may not realize the value of money. I don't know, I just see some hypocrisy in it I guess. I think many of their hearts are in the right place, but that they are very idealistic. I respect those who truly practice what they preach and those who are truly selfless in their way of life. That is amazing and inspiring.

Betty, marry me?

So fucking true what you said.
    Vera Says:
    Masturbation > women