View Poll Results: Who do you think will be the Republican candidate for president in 2008?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Florida Gov. Jeb Bush

1 5.88%
  • George Bush

0 0%
  • Dick Cheney

1 5.88%
  • Arnold Schwartzenegger

3 17.65%
  • John Maccain

1 5.88%
  • Senate Majority leader Bill Frist

3 17.65%
  • House Majority leader Tom Delay

0 0%
  • Secretary of State Condeleeza Rice

0 0%
  • Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld

0 0%
  • Other

8 47.06%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Republican candidate

Question The Republican candidate

This may be two years premature but it's still worth thinking about. Half of these I threw in to complete a list of ten. Please specify if you select 'other'.

EDIT: George Bush refers to George Bush Jr. Note that election of options 2 or 4 requires constitutional amendment
    Last edited by the original pyro; 12-22-2004 at 04:39 PM.

wow. 14 people open it but nobody has the balls to vote. Of course this is a dumb topic I wrote high...

I said other. Other being none.

I'm not familiar enough with everyone on the list. I don't think Cheney would do it. Arnold can't do it.

I personally like Juliani, but he wasn't on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty
    I personally like Juliani, but he wasn't on the list.
    Yeah...I was thinking that too. Personally I tend to lean democrat, but Juliani is someone I'd consider voting for (so long as he's not constantly pulling the 9/11 card). He did a good job with NYC before all that stuff happened (and after too, but I'm sick of that stuff and hope by the next election it's no longer considered a major issue)

I guess you probably know him better than I do... I've just listened to him speak on TV on some occasions and enjoyed what I heard.

I agree that 9/11 should probably not be a #1 issue by 2008... the US should be trying to be making real progress and not just hanging onto old issues, unless they're still relevent. I just don't think people should act like it never happened and wasn't a big deal, because it was.

In my mind it shouldn't even have been the #1 issue in this past election. That doesn't mean it shouldn't have been an issue though, just that it was being pushed a lot more than it should have been.

Hmmm... maybe yeah... I can't judge as well about how the whole campaign went... I mostly just watched the debates and saw a few ads on the Internet.

However, it was discussed in another thread about how many people voted on lesser issues such as abortion regardless of where the emphasis was placed.

Here, there was this prorp that all the voters could vote on at the polls. It was prop 200, about illegal immigration and not letting people get on welfare and other stuff like that without proof that they actually live in the US. The majority of voter in AZ voted yes on it, but it didn't even pass. Nepolitano woulden't let it, stupid cunt. So that whole thing was pointless, and I still haven't heard the end of my mom's bitching about it, but I do agree with her that that's pretty fucked up.

The Republicans just fucked Giuliani with the Kerik scandal. Unless that's all forgotten by then (and if it is then so is he), he's out.

I hope they run Jeb. Not a chance of winning.

McCain is too damaged from his 2000 run against Dubya. Although he is the only one I would even consider from this list.

Cheney? No way in Hell.

Schwartzenegger? Nazi ties and allegations of sexual misconduct would garner only the extreme right votes. No way in Hell.

Bill Frist? Bill Who. No way in Hell.

Tom Delay? Indictments don't go over real well with voters.

Condi? No matter how many oil tankers they name after her, she'll never get elected. I, however, might vote for her just because she's black and female. The July '01 PDB entitled, "Bin Laden Determined to Strike Within the US" doesn't look real great on her resume.

Rummy? Have you read any of the reports coming from Iraq lately? No way in Hell. Even Republicans are calling for this guys head.

I'd have to say other. I don't really know who Carl Rove is grooming for 2008, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got Dan Quayle elected next time. Whoever it is, I bet that very few will ever see it coming. I also believe that Dubya and the gang are going to be so much worse over the next four years that Nader could probably beat them in '08.