Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Signatures

Default Signatures

How long is too long?

A few have been bothering me as of late. Partly because of the sheer length of them, and the fact that they could be nearly half the size that they are if they just didn't needlessly enter spaces and such.

I looked around and saw no guidelines on this. If no one else is bothered then by all means do nothing, but I noticed they are starting to creep bigger and bigger.

There should be a limit that says you can only have like... five or six lines or something. Anyway, I'm just glad I don't have to see ten userbars in every signature. "Windows user", "Google user", "Firefox user", "Winamp user"... now THAT'S annoying.

There is indeed a problem when an user's signature is longer than their average post. Even more so when a huge part of their average post is garbage.

zamengo's signature is driving me inseane. it's couple of times longer than his average post and it takes ages to pass HUGE signature just to read 10 characters post -.-

especially Biggest Offspring fan, he quoted me, and he translated it wrong, die BOF!
    Carrie Underwood is the reason God made Oklahoma.

Biggest offspring fan is an asshole. i fuck his mother and cum in her hair.

Lightbulb

I've thought about long signatures for a bit. So far there have been a few that have been long enough to be annoying, but not to the point of being disruptive. However, if it's a problem, we'll try to hash out rough standards for length, though I do think that "about the size of your average post" is a fair standard.
    “It is a strange paradox that today’s central banks are generally staffed by economists, who by and large profess a belief in a theory which says that their jobs are, at the best, unnecessary, and more likely wealth-destroying. Needless to say, this is not a point widely discussed among respectable economists. Nevertheless, it is an issue worth pondering.”

George Cooper, The Origin of Economic Crises

I think anything longer than mota boy's is annoying, and I wouldn't allow it.. this isn't art class.. it's a bbs to talk about offspring if that much isn't, if you can't express yourself in 8 lines, than you really don't have anything important to say.. the shitty thing is, if we turn off the sigs in the control panel we miss the good ones and miss out

Why did you give a link to my profile? I don't even have a sig.