Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Band question

Default Band question

how good of a guitarist do you need to be to start an ok band?

Red face

i think as long as the guitarist is passionate about the guitar, and can play some power chords, they can excell hella!!!

For an ok band?

Ok.

when any band starts out there an okay band, but as long as the musicians are compelled with passion they can excel. Tons of great bands started out playing pure power chords, even Metallica! (ie they were punk when they first started)

Quote Originally Posted by VerySarcasticGirl
    even Metallica! (ie they were punk when they first started)
    No. No they weren't, at all.

have u heard garage dayz , or there numerous covers of the misfits. One of James Hetfields fav band is Misfits

You can have all the passion in the world and be the worst guitarist on the planet. You want an OK band? Get a guitarist that can switch from chord to chord without background noise, can stay on beat and can make up original tunes, being original and creative is the hardest part of being a rythem guitarist.

have u heard garage dayz , or there numerous covers of the misfits. One of James Hetfields fav band is Misfits
    It doesn't make a blind bit of difference who his favourite bands are.

When they formed they played nothing but Diamond Head covers, then went on to write Kill 'em All.
    And they didn't start out playing
    pure power chords
    at all. Kirk Hammet was in Exodus before he joined, and had Joe Satriani as his guitar teacher.

Awesome guitarists are the worst. They just want long solos. They're the worst.

You need to be a smooth guitar player, that's all, just to be able to play rhythm guitar decently.

10. Default

when i wanted to start with a band they asked me if i could play the guitar...i said yes....but it was a lie.....i had never played it before....but i bought one and practiced a lot....and i was able to play it in about a month...of course not very well, but enough to play some offspring covers...and then we started
    but it depens on what kind of music you want to play.....if you want a band like...rhapsody..sonata arctica..dream theater.....a month of practice is not enough