Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: The Mike Brown killing

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,381


    Default The Mike Brown killing

    I am yet to read anything that makes it appear to me that Darren Wilson is guilty beyond reasonable doubt. I suppose the part about Brown charging Wilson after Brown was shot at is a bit strange, but it appears that Brown was acting aggressively from the get-go, so it's certainly not impossible. Furthermore, I understand that the ballistics tests were in concert with Wilson's story. If that's not at least reasonable doubt, I don't know what is. I suppose it wouldn't blow my mind to learn that Wilson was in fact guilty, but I really don't have any reasons to know for sure that he is indeed guilty. It might be reasonable enough that he at least be indicted, but I don't get why so many people are acting like they know for sure that he's guilty.

    Wilson explains why he killed Brown here: http://www.cleburnetimesreview.com/c...3736b0bda.html
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    9,992


    Default

    I really can't say whether this cop did anything wrong or not but I know something is wrong when white cops are regularly shooting unarmed black teenagers. Something is wrong somewhere.

    In this particular case, if we believe the cop's account of the incident, the armed white cop had to shoot the unarmed black teenager because otherwise this kid was going to take his own gun away from him and kill him with it. So, basically, his own firearm was a liability. Maybe this warrants a debate about whether your average cop should even be carrying lethal weaponry on their person at all times?

    Or maybe this cop was some kind of incompetent fuckwit not fit for duty. I mean, it doesn't look good if some random kid can just take your shit from you unless you shoot him. Aren't cops trained for things like this? If I had a gun and someone was trying to take it from me I would probably have to shoot them, but I'm not a highly skilled professional trained to deal with these situations. Cops fucking should be. If his account is truthful he didn't deserve to wear the badge in the first place and if he's lying he's a murderer. So either way we come back to something being very wrong somewhere. Maybe the family can sue the police force for putting poorly trained, incompetent, unfit for duty cops out on the street. Think that's harsh? By his own account he couldn't even get his gun to work correctly and missed multiple times. Oh, and he didn't wear his taser because it's uncomfortable? Awww, poor baby.

    So fine, maybe this verdict is the right one. Maybe. But something is very wrong somewhere.

    Final random thought: I'm no legal expert by any means, but I wonder if a civil suit for wrongful death could be brought against him. I seem to recall that happening with OJ, or some other famous case.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,168


    1 members appreciate this post.

    Default

    I agree with PIB.

    Maybe, He didn't do anything wrong under american criminal law but there is definitely something wrong with the police there.

    Seriously, 2 days ago, they shot a 12 year old boy with a fake gun ! Black, again. And they were 2 cops.

    But then again, maybe, they wouldn't have believed that the gun was real if guns weren't so common in the first place.

    As for Michael Brown, he wasn't armed but if he thought of taking the officier's gun and shooting the cop with it when all he did was stealing a couple of cigarillos. Also something wrong.

    Oh and finally, I'm not too aware of american criminal procedure but I think there should have been a trial. You let a few people decide, not in a public court, as I understood, it's normal that people don't think this is justice...
    Last edited by Harleyquiiinn; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:43 AM.
    ___________________________________________

    All the Beautiful Things you do

    Respect my authoritah !

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,147


    Default

    When you say you don't know anything about American law, you are right. The fact that there was not a trial has no bearing and would have been a waste of time and muddled the case. The DA or whomever was in charge, decided because of the sensitivity and exposure of the case that it should go directly to a GRAND JURY. This is where all the evidence is shown and there no grandstanding on either side...JUST THE EVIDENCE will decide the case. And there was a mountain of evidence. The GJ was already in session and simply moved on to this case. This was exactly the right move.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,095


    1 members appreciate this post.

    Default

    I kind of doubt the cop was just a racist prick who was looking for a reason to kill a black guy.

    However, I do think that it's very likely that Brown's race influenced was partially responsible for Wilson's feeling that his life was in danger. Even his account is very wishy-washy and unstable. He claimed that Brown slammed Wilson's door shut, and THEN was reaching for the gun - which means he'd be reaching in through the window. That would be quite difficult to accomplish (actually managing to take someone's gun from their belt through the window), and would put Wilson at an advantage. He'd also have been able to drive his car a bit to get away from Brown, get control over his gun, and go arrest Brown.

    Furthermore, I feel like American cops should be trained better to use lethal force as truly the *last* resort. Tasing, macing, etc should be used whenever possible. And if you have to shoot someone, one shot should be sufficient - six shots to really make sure the person is dead does not seem right.

    I basically think that Wilson acted wrongly, but I don't think he meant to. I think this is an issue of how American police are trained, and inner prejudice/racism. I *definitely* do think it should've gone to trial. I think he is guilty of some crime, even if it wasn't specifically murder.
    Last edited by Llamas; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,147


    Default

    IDK, I am 100% in support for a cop shooting to kill when someone attacks him. Seems like sound judgement to me. Not sure what part of planet stupid you live in, but good luck with your outlook. A live cop over a dead criminal always seems like a really fair trade. And this Brown kid was probably going to have a short life anyway. He was not exactly a model citizen. The kid was a loser. This fucking felon just robbed a store, and oddly enough, the cop saw he matched the description of said pig criminal. Good deed done. The streets are now a bit safer with this guy buried.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    9,992


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    And this Brown kid was probably going to have a short life anyway.
    True, the life expectancy for impoverished black youths is not good at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    The kid was a loser.
    Definitely. By being born black he completely lost the race lottery.

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    He was not exactly a model citizen.
    Can't argue with this either. He wasn't remotely white or wealthy, though at least he was male. But I guess you really need all three to be a model citizen.

    Who would have thought MOTO would make so many valid points?
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,147


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    True, the life expectancy for impoverished black youths is not good at all.

    Definitely. By being born black he completely lost the race lottery.

    Can't argue with this either. He wasn't remotely white or wealthy, though at least he was male. But I guess you really need all three to be a model citizen.

    Who would have thought MOTO would make so many valid points?
    PIB, you actually might have the ability to learn. So listen up:

    Being black isn't the problem. Being black and stupid...that's an issue.

    No, to be a model citizen, it helps if you don't rob people and assault police officers. At some point, you better realize right from wrong all on your own.

    Being raised and influenced by parents, who by all accounts are complete losers, couldn't have helped.

    Society is better off without these type of people.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,168


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    PIB, you actually might have the ability to learn. So listen up:

    Being black isn't the problem. Being black and stupid...that's an issue.

    No, to be a model citizen, it helps if you don't rob people and assault police officers. At some point, you better realize right from wrong all on your own.

    Being raised and influenced by parents, who by all accounts are complete losers, couldn't have helped.

    Society is better off without these type of people.
    Thanks to Moto, I learnt this morning that stupidity is punishable by death !

    What about Tamir Rice ? the 12 year old killed in less than 30 seconds because he had a fake gun ?

    Oh yeah, he was young and black too. Probably stupid but he was 12... Everybody is at least a little bit stupid at 12...

    If policemen freak out so bad everytime they see a gun. So much that they fear for their life and don't find any other solution than shooting, before verifying it's a real thing, maybe it's time to stop authorizing guns...
    ___________________________________________

    All the Beautiful Things you do

    Respect my authoritah !

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,095


    Default

    Wait, what the fuck on this Tamir Rice thing?? Even if it had been a real gun, what are cops doing showing up and shooting someone because they're holding a gun?? Isn't there some protocol, including... finding out if they're up to no good, ordering them to drop the gun, telling them to put their hands up, etc? Especially when it's a child?? Jesus christ, this is completely out of hand...

    And yeah, the comments about restricting guns if cops are gonna freak out every time they see one, or if a cop is actually in danger of his gun being used against him... but no, guns are perfectly fine!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •