Thread: Bloodsport

Default Bloodsport

Isn't it the loveliest scene? I love the way it's orchestrated, filmed, and acted.... the "overblown" 80s feel of it is also right up my street.
    Some, however, seem to think this is the kitschiest thing on earth.

Where do you stand?

No way in hell could a man who is unable to see mount that kind of attack. But they did make that scene great. First of all, that other guy was a great antagonist/opponent. You really hated him by the end of the movie and he established himself as seeming unbeatable. Although unrealistic, it was a nice dramatic touch when Van Damme's character was blinded and had those flashbacks. It was also great at the end when he got his fallen friend's cloth back. Overall, great stuff.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Now you mention it, I have not seen the movie.

I'll get the dvd for Christmas. Also, I must state that although this is very clearly a vehicle for Jean-Claude, as he hadn't achieved superstardom yet, he's giving it his all in terms of acting and kicking and punching, and that really pleased me. Sometimes it's more interesting to watch the movies where actors aren't yet at their peak, but getting there, just before intergalactic acclaim.