Page 11 of 142 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you Reading?

It only makes sense to read it third. It's far better than Dawn Treader and Silverchair I find (the latter being the worst of the collection). It's not the kind of stuff I would read as an adult though.

Lightbulb

Too late, I already snickered.
    There are selected dates for shows in Branson from April through December. Shows are at 9:30 AM and 3:00 PM. Be sure to check out Yakov's Show Schedule for available show dates and times. We suggest you purchase your tickets now, as Yakov’s show is often sold out. Call 1-800-728-4546 or go to Yakov's On-line Ticket Reservations. Warning! Explosive Laughter awaits you at the Yakov Smirnoff Theatre.

Click Here For MapQuest Directions

I started the last book of the Narnia series two or three times but it never really held my interest, eh it happens when you're 9. I'm currently reading the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series and I think that I'm on So Long and Thanks for all the Fish.

I loved the C.S. Lewis books, but also read them when I was 9-10 and so didn't catch any bible stuff.

Am now attempting to read Camus - La Chute but am SOOOO rusty on my French!

My mom was at a thing organized by the American embassy and one of her friends was giving away books.

so now I am reading
    Paul Robeson The Life And Times of a Free Black Man
    by Virginia Hamilton

I'm looking forward to this, I have a cd of a live performance in Moscow. And whenever I was reading things written by or about the Black Panthers, Robeson was always mentioned as an inspiration.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

I'm reading:
    "Macromedia Flash MX 2004 Hands On Training"
    by Rosanna Yeung

It's a good book for those who want to learn that software, and are beginners

Lightbulb

Oh yeah:
    The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis
    There are selected dates for shows in Branson from April through December. Shows are at 9:30 AM and 3:00 PM. Be sure to check out Yakov's Show Schedule for available show dates and times. We suggest you purchase your tickets now, as Yakov’s show is often sold out. Call 1-800-728-4546 or go to Yakov's On-line Ticket Reservations. Warning! Explosive Laughter awaits you at the Yakov Smirnoff Theatre.

Click Here For MapQuest Directions

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
    Shit is fucked up, so dance fucker dance!!

Stephen Fry - "Stars' Tennis Balls", "Hippoponamus"

Bought three books today. The first one I picked was : Paris between empires 1814 - 1852. I was getting kind of tired of 19th century European social-politics, but I knew this 500 page book with small character contained a lot of little details I sought to find out, so I just had to buy it and give it a read slowely but progressively. To smoothen the reading, I bought 20th century speeches to occasionaly skim though and admire the Great minds of the past century--or at least their oral skills. It's an amazing collection of text and i'm happy to put my hands on it.

A third book I got is 1968 - the year that rocked the world . The name almost turned me off (I hate when the author pretends that his publication is o so fucking meaningfull to the rest of the world), but I caught a glimpse of the events it tells and it's indeed very fascinating--from the Prague spring, to the peace movements in the USA, the student protests in Mexico on the eve of olympics etc... I figured i'd give it a read as well.

Was gonna buy another interesting book on the history of the aftermath of the Black Plague, but it said it was a NY Best Seller on the cover page and it's this kind of crap that automaticly makes the book so much less attractive. See, im an elitist in litterature. I know that everytime the book is vastly acclaimed, it is because, wtih a very short list of exceptions, it was dumbened down and presented on the world market so that the idiots could have a read too. And I refuse to read anything maisntream.