Page 101 of 143 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1421

Thread: What are you Reading?

Quote Originally Posted by sham1 View Post
    i love reading about forex trading. reading an ebook only. text book is expensive, especially about trading.
    Oh yeah. I'm currently reading 1984, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Finished The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides, and it's now one of my favourite books

Have started The Holy City by Patrick McCabe. Better be as good as is others.

I finished The Gathering Storm by Brandon Sanderson and Robert Jordan. Loved it.

Now I'm on Sphere by Michael Crichton.

Actually since most of my later WoT books are hardcover, I've been reading Michael Crichton books on trains and busses.

So I've recently read Congo, Disclosure and Prey. All pretty good, after Sphere I plan on reading Airframe, and then going back to fantasy. Probably Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson since its a completed trilogy.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Finished Son of a Witch; the ending lost a bit of steam (the same way I felt Wicked did, actually), but all in all better than its predecessor.

Slithering around in the folds of your brain.

Devices and Desires by K.J. Parker. Just started out, a little slow, but so far it's okay.

Just finished Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. First looking at it, I thought it was about some English countryside , but it's far more interesting, about a hermaphrodite. One of the better books I've read. I love Eugenides' writing style, it's very...relatable (?), or something. He has a great way of describing everyday things and feelings. Anyway, brilliant book.

"From Eternity to Here; the Quest For the Ultimate Theory of Time" by Sean Carroll. It's quite good, and written in a very readable, colloquial style.

I just read "Soul Mountain" by Gao Xingjian. It's become my most favorite novel. I love it. I strongly recommend it, but it might not be an easy read for some people.

i just finished deceit by james siegel. a great story but just ended so abruptly! loads of things went on that kept you hooked and all of sudden something happens and they lived happily ever yafter etc. still worth checking out though!
    whenever i learn something new it pushes some old knowledge out of my brain, remember that home wine making course when i forgot how to drive?!

Reading The Stand by Stephen King. Intense.
    "Noodles, the man who put the O in Obrigado." - Dexter Holland

"You're a sexy fucking audience!" - Noodles

"It is the power of music, to carry one directly into the mental state of the composer. The listener has no choice, it is like hypnotism." -Beethoven