Page 124 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1451

Thread: What are you Reading?

Finished Flann O'Brien's The Third Policeman this morning. Like At Swim-Two-Birds, it was complete madness, but so witty and bizarre. It was great! I'm really surprised that I hadn't really heard of Flann O'Brien(/Brian O'Nolan/ Myles na gCopaleen/various other pseudonyms) up until recently enough, especially when he's often put on the same level as James Joyce. Looking forward to reading more of his stuff at some point.

Then, in the afternoon I read The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde. Unsurprisingly very witty.

And now I have started The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Seems promising.

I'm finally reading The Master and Margarita. I'm after few chapters, and I'm like one, big, what's-gonna-happen-next?

books by nikki sixx.

I am reading The Silmarillion by JRR Tolkien, edied by his son Christopher Tolkien for the 4th or 5th time. Yes, I'm a LOTR freak.
    -Chuck Berry is actually a blackberry...

Quote Originally Posted by steinberg View Post
    Off spring show is the most source of entertainment in the new generation.
    -Gotta love bots...

Reading 'Call of Cthulhu'. Damn H.P. Lovecraft and his fancy vocabulary.
    Your back's to the wall, that's protocol;
    It's sequestering your spirit, misleading us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Phidias View Post
    I am reading The Silmarillion by JRR Tolkien, edied by his son Christopher Tolkien for the 4th or 5th time. Yes, I'm a LOTR freak.
    What's it like so far? I am planning on buying it once I can find it cheap.

Speaking of LOTR, my boyfriend bought me the one ring for Christmas And there's a woods near my house nicknamed Mordor, so I don't have far to destroy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Phidias View Post
    My girlfriend got me The Silmarillion for Christmas. I'm going to re-read The Hobbit, and the three Lord of The Rings books again first though. Even though that's a bit backwards. Also been meaning to check out The Children of Hurin.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

I was really into Lotr in high school, never really read the whole Silmarillion. There are 10000 people and places in the whole book, really gets you confused.

I checked out Hurin's tale in the first year of university, the dude fucks his sister unintentionally and gets her pregnant. Oldboy, bitch!
    "I come not, friends, to steal away your hearts..."

Quote Originally Posted by TheNooseIsFalling View Post
    nothing really interesting is going on there, when the girls took off their pants, it didn't exactly turn out the way I expected

A while ago I read "J'avais douze ans, j'ai pris mon vélo et je suis partie à l'école" (English title: I choose to live) the story of the Belgian Sabine Dardenne who was kidnapped and abused for 80 days.
    When I bought the book, store manager told me everyone should read this book. And I believe it's true.
    It really made me understand why I had to stay inside that time, and why I can't go alone somewhere in the dark.
    Thought it's a thin book, and you think you know everything because the media already repeated it over and over again, it has a huge impact!

Steve Jobs: A Biography by Walter Isaacson

Haven't gotten that far into it yet but it's definitely gonna be worth reading I guess.