Page 124 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1509

Thread: What are you Reading?

  1. #1231
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25


    Default

    books by nikki sixx.

  2. #1232
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Taco Land
    Posts
    486


    Default

    I am reading The Silmarillion by JRR Tolkien, edied by his son Christopher Tolkien for the 4th or 5th time. Yes, I'm a LOTR freak.
    -Chuck Berry is actually a blackberry...

    Quote Originally Posted by steinberg View Post
    Off spring show is the most source of entertainment in the new generation.
    -Gotta love bots...

  3. #1233
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Delaware. Hi. We're in.. Delaware.
    Posts
    469


    Default

    Reading 'Call of Cthulhu'. Damn H.P. Lovecraft and his fancy vocabulary.
    Your back's to the wall, that's protocol;
    It's sequestering your spirit, misleading us all.


    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles

  4. #1234
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    People's Republic of Cork
    Posts
    2,022


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Phidias View Post
    I am reading The Silmarillion by JRR Tolkien, edied by his son Christopher Tolkien for the 4th or 5th time. Yes, I'm a LOTR freak.
    What's it like so far? I am planning on buying it once I can find it cheap.

    Speaking of LOTR, my boyfriend bought me the one ring for Christmas And there's a woods near my house nicknamed Mordor, so I don't have far to destroy it.

  5. #1235
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5,200


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Phidias View Post
    I am reading The Silmarillion by JRR Tolkien, edied by his son Christopher Tolkien for the 4th or 5th time. Yes, I'm a LOTR freak.
    My girlfriend got me The Silmarillion for Christmas. I'm going to re-read The Hobbit, and the three Lord of The Rings books again first though. Even though that's a bit backwards. Also been meaning to check out The Children of Hurin.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

  6. #1236
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    640


    Default

    I was really into Lotr in high school, never really read the whole Silmarillion. There are 10000 people and places in the whole book, really gets you confused.

    I checked out Hurin's tale in the first year of university, the dude fucks his sister unintentionally and gets her pregnant. Oldboy, bitch!
    "I come not, friends, to steal away your hearts..."

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNooseIsFalling View Post
    nothing really interesting is going on there, when the girls took off their pants, it didn't exactly turn out the way I expected


  7. #1237
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hellgium
    Posts
    1,821


    Default

    A while ago I read "J'avais douze ans, j'ai pris mon vélo et je suis partie à l'école" (English title: I choose to live) the story of the Belgian Sabine Dardenne who was kidnapped and abused for 80 days.
    When I bought the book, store manager told me everyone should read this book. And I believe it's true.
    It really made me understand why I had to stay inside that time, and why I can't go alone somewhere in the dark.
    Thought it's a thin book, and you think you know everything because the media already repeated it over and over again, it has a huge impact!

  8. #1238
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,300


    Default

    Steve Jobs: A Biography by Walter Isaacson

    Haven't gotten that far into it yet but it's definitely gonna be worth reading I guess.

  9. #1239
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,752


    Default

    I have just finished reading Jarhead

  10. #1240
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Taco Land
    Posts
    486


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    What's it like so far? I am planning on buying it once I can find it cheap.

    Speaking of LOTR, my boyfriend bought me the one ring for Christmas And there's a woods near my house nicknamed Mordor, so I don't have far to destroy it.
    Well, I haven't advanced much, because of the celebrations and stuff, but since I've read it for 3 or 4 times already, I can tell you it's a fine piece of fantastic literature, but only if you're a tolkien enthusiast, because as yarock says, there are tons of names and places, and the editing is sometimes inaccurate and contradictory... you just need to study the elves genealogy for a bit...

    Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    My girlfriend got me The Silmarillion for Christmas. I'm going to re-read The Hobbit, and the three Lord of The Rings books again first though. Even though that's a bit backwards. Also been meaning to check out The Children of Hurin.
    I read TChOH when it came out, and I've only read it once, I really enjoyed it, because the story is already told on the Silmarillion, but with less details.

    Quote Originally Posted by yarock View Post
    I was really into Lotr in high school, never really read the whole Silmarillion. There are 10000 people and places in the whole book, really gets you confused.

    I checked out Hurin's tale in the first year of university, the dude fucks his sister unintentionally and gets her pregnant. Oldboy, bitch!
    Even though Tolkien was a bit racist, homophobic and slightly misogynist, he was kinda fucked up too...
    -Chuck Berry is actually a blackberry...

    Quote Originally Posted by steinberg View Post
    Off spring show is the most source of entertainment in the new generation.
    -Gotta love bots...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •