Page 132 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1459

Thread: What are you Reading?

1. Default

Just today I purchased and started reading The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum. I have seen the movie several times and liked it. Can't wait to finish reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by rocygolly View Post
    Just today I purchased and started reading The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum. I have seen the movie several times and liked it. Can't wait to finish reading it.
    I didn't know that it was a book! I am assuming the movie is based on the book, not the other way around.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    I didn't know that it was a book! I am assuming the movie is based on the book, not the other way around.
    The other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardus View Post
    The other way around.
    Oh. Does that make it less exciting? I've had people say that books based on movies tend not to be as good as the books movies are based on.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Almost finished The Awakening by Kate Chopin. I'm liking it. Quite daring for such an early novel...but then I guess that's why it was banned.

And once I'm done that, Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury is lined up.

I have way too much time on my hands

I read the first 20 pages or so of Embassytown by China Miéville, but I couldn't get into it for some reason so I returned it. I'll try it again some other time. I read four Kurt Vonnuget books instead. (Cat's Cradle, Slaughterhouse Five, Slapstick, and Breakfast for Champions) He's quickly becoming my new favorite writer.

I read The Fluttering Veil by Leleand B. Yeager a while back, which is a collection of essays on monetary disequilibrium (recessions, inflation, money, and all that jazz). The first essay, A cash-Balance Interpretation of Depresssion, is a work of art. Written in 1956, but it's still one of the best explanations I've read of today's recession. Yeager is damn good communicator of economics. Very underrated. So I just picked up his Foreign Trade and U.S. Policy: The Case for Free International Trade. Going through it now.

Finished We by Yevgeny Zamyatin the other day, often called the first dystopian novel. It was really good, quite exciting.

I then read the first book in The Hunger Games. I think I would have liked it more had I not seen the film, but it was still pretty good, a page-turner.

And now I'm reading Milan Kundera's collection of short stories, Laughable Loves. I read one of these stories a few months back ("The Hitchhiker's Game") and thought it was amazing, so hopefully the rest of them live up to my expectations.

Just finished "You Are Not a Gadget" by Jaron Lanier.

It was... alright. It's a mix of some intriguing points about the infrastructure and 'culture' of the internet mixed with more general judgments on the newest generation's levels of creativity and some unfortunately unworkable ideas about revolutionizing content distribution.

Found it much harder to get through than I should have. 6/10.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

I'm somewhere in the middle of "Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman" by Richard Feynman and The Editors. Nice style, bunch of cool stories. I'll probably finish it tomorrow.

Only just finished Lord of the Flies. Loved it. Deeply moving.