Page 134 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1418

Thread: What are you Reading?

Walking Dead Compendium 1 (Compilation of issues 1-48 of the comic book)...almost done, tore through it in about 2 days, have the 2nd volume at the ready.
    Rita corny, Michael

You wanna send those my way when you're done?
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

I will send them via homing pigeon page by page....its about 1000 pages total...I may run out of pigeons....but it will be done!
    Rita corny, Michael

Just finished David Mitchell's Cloud Atlas yesterday. I loved it! I was actually quite worried starting into it, because I'd somehow got the idea that it was going to be a really tough read, technically and linguistically, but it wasn't like that at all.
    The six interweaving stories all felt like they were from completely different authors and times, and everytime I neared the end of one story I would be really sad that it was ending (or pausing), but then a while later I'd be totally engrossed in the next part.

Also, apparently David Mitchell lives only half an hour from where I live, cool!

And I've now started on The Great Gatsby!

I yesterday finished Steve Watson's "Before I go to sleep"! It is one of the two of my best books I have read so far("Shutter Island" is the other one).
    Enslave my mind...

Default Paul McAuley - The Quiet War 2008

Sci-fi. Moons are colonized in the solar system and the war is coming...

The Great Gatsby was....alright. I found it hard to sympathise with the characters very much because there wasn't much character development, and so I didn't care too much about what happened them. I have found that I'm not the biggest fan of American classics anyway, so maybe that's it.

I've started in the second Hunger Games book now, Catching Fire. I like it so far, but have a feeling this one will be a bit more about romance than anything else unfortunately. But I like the series as a bit of a light read anyway.

I read the second and third Hunger Games books. They were good, although the love triangle thing was a bit annoying. Oh well.

I've finally gotten round to starting A Game of Thrones, and am flying through it. I really like it so far.

The Average American Male by Chad Kultgen

Poetry is my forte.