Page 140 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1466

Thread: What are you Reading?

Thus the other thread, yes.

Oscar & Bosie

Just starting this and I'm pretty excited about finally getting around to reading some Lovecraft. It's a shame the picture doesn't show it but the pages have an awesome roughly hewn quality to them to emulate an old tome or something. It actually makes the pages a little difficult to turn but hey, sometimes you have to suffer a little for aesthetics.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

Czars' lives, by Henri Troyat (Russian turned Frenchman)

Finished Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky a few days ago. It was very good, even if it took me a good bit to get through it.

Now reading Wizard and Glass (Dark Tower #4) by Stephen King. I love this series.

I am trying to read a biography of Chiang Kai-Shek . It is not going well. Recently I watch more television and write more music than almost ever before, which isn't always a bad thing, but I'm trapped at home with my parents and it is literally ruining my mind. For the first time in my life I don't want to read but just to get drunk every day.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

The lovely bones by Alice Sebold

Lovely Bones is about a 14 year old girl named Susie who one day gets kidnapped, raped, and dismembered. Her killer buries her body not far from her home, but drops her elbow on the way. Her family thinks that she is still alive until detectives find her elbow and hat. The girl’s father has a feeling about the murderer of his daughter, but he is unsure of his assumption. This story is narrated by the girl herself as she watches over her family, friends, and murderer from heaven as they deal with her death. In the mean time, she herself is coming to terms with her own death.

I think (and hope) this will be interesting.
    Turn the lights on.

Orange Is The New Black- Piper Kerman

Control by Charlotte Stein

I finished one book in the last month and a half. I believe that is some sort of personal worst. In my defense, it was East of Eden, and it turns out that, like a lot of Steinbeck, it's so beautifully written that it's downright maddening. Incredible book.

I have started reading Kafka on the Shore by Murakami, since my parents have a copy. It's been a very, very long time since I have read anything in French. The cadence of the language is strange to get used to again, especially in writing.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

I'm almost finished Bright's Passage by Josh Ritter (the musician). Wouldn't be my choice of book, a friend lent it to me. It's only alright to be honest.

My next venture is either going to be 1Q84 by Murakami or Minority Report by Philip K Dick.