Page 145 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1466

Thread: What are you Reading?

Anything To Have You by Paige Harbison

Fitness magazines lately. Started going back to the gym and really enjoy the workout.
    Turn the lights on.

Quote Originally Posted by EarY View Post
    Fitness magazines lately. Started going back to the gym and really enjoy the workout.
    that's some fii-iine literature

1 members appreciate this post.

autobiography of a blue-eyed devil: my life and times in a racist, imperialist society.

bought it for the title, staying for the soul crushing non-fiction.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Rereading Small Gods by Pratchett. I'm not so in reading his books as in re-reading them. Seriously, some of them i re-read for 10 times. Great author that progressed much during 90s.

I rarely read something just for the sake of story (only when i want to pretend to be intelligent man with degree, then i pick Remarque from the shelf) and prefer word play and humor to be in the book and he nails it.

I found Small Gods curiously unfunny. Decent enough story but weird lack of humour.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by MaF View Post
    Rereading Small Gods by Pratchett. I'm not so in reading his books as in re-reading them. Seriously, some of them i re-read for 10 times. Great author that progressed much during 90s.

I rarely read something just for the sake of story (only when i want to pretend to be intelligent man with degree, then i pick Remarque from the shelf) and prefer word play and humor to be in the book and he nails it.
    Read by first Pratchett book only last month - Equal Rites - It was good, funny and all, but almost like a children's book. Bit too light. I'd prefer something of his that is a bit deeper. Do you have any suggestions?

1 members appreciate this post.

Alison, I always recommend Guards! Guards! or Pyramids for people looking to get into Discworld. Pyramids is a standalone title while Guards! Guards! has several direct sequels. You should find these two less childish than Equal Rites though Pratchett in general is very kid-friendly material, of course.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Reading a book called Manhunt, about the 12 day hunt for John Wilkes Booth after he murdered president Lincoln. I like it a lot. It's unfortunately taking me a while to finish it though.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult