Page 31 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you Reading?

Uhhh not sure where I left last. But during my summer traveling i've read:

Machiavelli - The Prince

Viktor Suvorov - Suicide, the Icebreaker, Day M, The Purge, Shadows of Defeat, The Last Republic

Mikhail Bulgakov - White Guard, The Heart of a Dog and three surreal short stories.

Joseph Heller : Catch 22

Gabriel Garcia Marquez - Chronicle of a Death Foretold and twelve short stories vegabonds.

Then under recommendations by my uncle I read couple of detective stories whose names I really don't remember anymore, though it wasn't that bad really, and attempted Andrei Ilyin and Vladimir Voinovich but hadn't gone half way into neither of the authors.
    All I can hear, I me mine
    I me mine, I me mine

Well I found the Voinovich and Ilyin books, and their titles are respectively Life and incredible adventures of private Ivan Chonkin and Universal Solidier.

I also bought few months ago Francois Mauriac Le Noeuds de Viperes and Voltaire's Candide. Read the latter three or four chapters in but sort of grew tired and put it away. The former was just a random pick up for my library. Not sure if i'll read it anytime soon. Probably when i'm bored.

Oh and currently i'm reading The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. Been meaning to get on that for years now.
    All I can hear, I me mine
    I me mine, I me mine

I'm reading Hemingway's Across the River and Into the Trees for the second time. People think it's his worst book and people also think it's so silly to read a book for the second time but I don't know, I just like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk should be read by every high school student so they can be like "dude, wtf, this sucks."

living high and letting die, our illusion of innocence by peter unger!
    whenever i learn something new it pushes some old knowledge out of my brain, remember that home wine making course when i forgot how to drive?!

Pavol Dobšinský - Slovenské rozprávky 2

Just a collection of national fairy tales.

I recently purchased The Salmon of Doubt by Douglas Adams but haven't started reading it yet.

I am currently reading Heavier Than Heaven by Charles Cross. It's a great book.

10/10
    ~Heavier Than Heaven~

I finished it a few months ago, but I'm going to start reading On the Road by Jack Kerouac again. I love that book so very very much.

I'm reading three books, I can enever decide what to read so I switch off every night.
    A Girl named Disaster
    Holes
    The City of Ember
    and I'll soon be starting a horse book about saddles and fitting them for my report that I have to do for my trainer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

myspace.
    twitter.
    last.fm

I just finished Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead and now it's time for some Bataille.