I recently read "Fahrenheit 451", which is a fairly good, quick read. Parts of the book seem a bit preposterous and it jumps about a lot. I continue to find old science fiction books interesting, though, because for books about the future, they give enormous insight into the mindset of the past.

I also read "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe". Fucking awful book. I have no idea how it became a classic. No character development, horrible style of narration and eyebrow-raising morals (the kids being given liquor to knock them out before heading off to bed and Santa handing out weapons, though cautioning the girls that they're not really supposed to fight).

I've yet to really start any other books, though I'm tentatively looking at "The World is Flat" by Thomas Friedman and "A World on Fire: A Heritic, an Aristocrat and the Race to Discover Oxygen", a Christmas present that attempts to set up the isolation of oxygen as one of the most important scientific discoveries of the past millennium, up there with Copericus and Newton's work. I'm suspicious.