Page 51 of 145 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you Reading?

I am finally reading the Fountainhead, and I think it is absolutely wonderful.

Only fascists like The Fountainhead. It's been proven!

Me? I'm reading "A Small Place" by Jamaica Kincaid. I've read it tons of times before, but I love it so much that I go over it again when I need that bit of rage in my life again. It's so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    Wait, now you're trying to tell us the clitoris exists?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNemesis
    Only fascists like The Fountainhead. It's been proven!
    I'm annoyed even if that's a joke... sigh...

Daggerspell by Katharine Kerr. I'm reading a lot of fantasy at the moment, and this is just fantastic. Basically a guy wrongs a couple of people and vows never to rest until the wrongs are set right. The two people die, but he can't die, becuase of his vow. So he has to right the wrongs in their next lives, so he ends up being alive for about 400 years. It's superb.
    "I don't cut my grass. I threaten it."

Shade's children by garth nix
    "Sleep those slices of death how i loath them" -Edgar Allen Poe

i never read fountainhead, just atlas shrugged. how is it?

i recently reread nearly all of daniel clowes' stuff. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Endymion
    i never read fountainhead, just atlas shrugged. how is it?

i recently reread nearly all of daniel clowes' stuff. <3
    It is wonderful, one of the best books I have ever read. If anyone doesn't agree either (a) we have drastically different opinions and taste or (b) I don't read nearly enough.

I had no idea what it was about before reading it, I only knew of all the hype surrounding the author's political ideologies. And it is not particularly political, it is about the author's idea of the perfect man, which is fascinating, agree or disagree. I personally find it to be quite inspiring. It is a little twisted, which I like. It is a little, or maybe a lot, condescending, which I like cause I'm a terrible person like that. The characters are idealized and exaggerated, which I think is great. And quite honestly one of my favourite parts about it is the fact that the plot and dialogue are so compelling that I can easily sit and read for 3 hours nonstop and want to keep reading. Few books of more "substance" have managed to hold my interest that well.

I could easily say a ton about it, but I didn't even really want to say this much about it in this thread, but I did anyway, only cause you asked Ryan.

I'm excited that it's summer break and I can afford to spend hours a day reading books.

BREAK Guest

I read Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut after I'd finished The Big Sleep. It took about 5 seconds. It was okay. Right now I'm reading American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis. Might take me a little bit longer to get through this one.

im just about to start the da vinci code-my friend goes to church,and i had to go with him and the priest was going on about how wrong + evil it was,so i was inspired...

I read a few posts ago that Lauren was reading Angela's Ashes, and I went through the internet to look for some new book by McCourt. I loved Angela's Ashes so much that I didn't want to see the film. I thought it could never be good enough to like it as the book was just superb.

So, I found out that he had published Teacher Man. So, I bought it and I'm reading it. I'm enjoying it, but not as good as the first one ('Tis was not as good as the first, so I didn't expect this one to be that good, but it's fine)
    Clara lo dejó chillar y darle golpes a los muebles hasta que se cansó y después, distraída como siempre estaba, le preguntó si sabía mover las orejas.