Page 67 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you Reading?

Politics books. Tons of them...although I'm not reading them all since I only need to read the parts where it talks about ethnic vote, which is a subject that doesn't interest me that much. I also have a psychology book, but it's a little too complex for me and it's not what I thought it was. :/

I've recently read La Scouine by Albert Laberge, which is the first realist (?) book in Quebec. Not bad. The name of the book in English is apparently Bitter Bread.

I'd like to find good books to read and my library is so small that a lot of books I'd like to read are missing. jdhgjf... I need books. Someone help me.
    Last edited by Tired_Of_You; 10-16-2006 at 02:53 PM.

I have just finished the Da Vinci Code, but now I`m nt reading anything.
    I should be reading Bestiario, from Cortázar.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNemesis View Post
    The Last Night of the Yankee Dynasty by Buster Olney. The man is a genius.
    I just finished reading that a few days ago. I thought it was interesting, and I learned a lot about the players I grew up watching, who I didn't know much about. It was definetly one of my favorite sports books.

Quote Originally Posted by German Andres View Post
    I should be reading Bestiario, from Cortázar.
    Cortazar is great. It's a real pleasure to read his works.
    I'm reading Gogol's stories again. Because I don't feel like reading something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk should be read by every high school student so they can be like "dude, wtf, this sucks."

Quote Originally Posted by momo1tx View Post
    I just finished reading that a few days ago. I thought it was interesting, and I learned a lot about the players I grew up watching, who I didn't know much about. It was definetly one of my favorite sports books.
    Awesome! I'm really loving getting such a good look at everyone in the organization, from players to personnel. The way he weaves from Game 7 of the 2001 World Series to these stories about people is awesome. Buster Olney is a really great writer.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    Wait, now you're trying to tell us the clitoris exists?

I've just discovered Wilbur Smith, i'm reading his 5 in 1 book that includes :
    • When the lion feeds
    • The diamond hunters
    • Eagles in the sky
    • Gold mine
    • Shout at the devil

Im up to Eagles in the sky, so far the diamond hunters was the best

I read jack the ripper's diary dont remember the name of the author who did all the research and stuff but it's quite cool, from all the facts found by the author jack the ripper was supposed to have been some english guy from liverpool called james maybrick. anyway it was a cool read.

Like most of you I've been having to read one book a week and its getting a bit annoying as some are just so boring. So I read
    - My antonia by willa cather (boring)
    - wild geese by ostenso
    - a good man is hard to find by flannery o'connor (I advise you not to read it although you might like the first one where everybody gets shot by a very polite misfit)
    - Margaret atwood : lady oracle (not boring)
    - Grace paley : collected stories (can't read it cause its too boring)
    - Monkey beach by eden robinson (great book, canadian gothic, its about a teenage indian girl and she sees ghosts and sees a weird gnome each time someone she knows is about to die)

thats it for what I had to read in my american studies module, but I like to read so it's not that bad, I'd just prefer reading a lot of gothic stephen king or dean koontz and that sort of stuff, I actually write myself, started writing a few different stories, at the moment I'm writing a horror movie scenario cause its fun

The Godfather by Mario Puzo

Once you start, it's hard to stop reading.
    Last edited by the_GoDdEsS; 11-05-2006 at 12:36 AM.

Did anyone on here read Dante's "The Divine Comedy" (Inferno, Purgatorio & Paradiso)? And if yes; do you recommend it? What I read about it on Wikipedia sounded interesting enough

i just started to read The Hobbit and so far i think its better than Lord of the Rings.