Page 10 of 146 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you Reading?

Quote Originally Posted by wliethof
    I just finished narnia. Awfully bible-ish. Started reading terry goodkind now. I like it.

I read it when I was 10. The bible-references were lost on me. Only later in life did I found out that Lewis was a devout christian and stuff who applied much of his belief into his books.

im reading 2 books at mo; "and thats when it fell off in my hand" by louise rennison and scorpia by anthony horrorwitz!

Quote Originally Posted by HornyPope
    I read it when I was 10. The bible-references were lost on me. Only later in life did I found out that Lewis was a devout christian and stuff who applied much of his belief into his books.
    hehe it's kinda obvious though! I wondered about how young kids can read that kind of english. I didn't know some words, something that never happens to me... and I read english books a lot!

I hate how the books end though. The end of the last book.

the english is fun. and they're my books that he has
    not reading anything at the moment.. skimming through my fruits book & my ancient egypt book sometimes
    chickenweasel loves myspace

Terre Des Hommes by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. I have to read that for my French course.

hehe it's kinda obvious though! I wondered about how young kids can read that kind of english. I didn't know some words, something that never happens to me... and I read english books a lot!
    I read it in Hebrew and the translation was fairly simple as I recall. Not sure if I read any really complicated English books at all in terms of unknown language. Maybe Joyce and Dickens? Not even. I find the language in Victorian-era books beautiful but nevertheless not overly complicated for the average reader. But compare Russian novels from a mere century ago to what it is today... what a striking difference. And the old cyrilic alphabet only makes matters worse. Not that you would know, but just take my word on it. I read the travels of Gulliver (all of them) in the "old Russian" (the book was printed in USA in the 50s by people who wouldn't recognise the changes to the alphabet the 1917 revolution brought) and I always kept the impression like I was reading fucking Ukrainian or something. I wonder how Jonathan Swift stories are its original format though... hmmm...

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by HornyPope
    What happened to the 'Horse and His Boy'?
    That was published 5th, I'll read it after Voyage of the Dawn Treader and The Silver Chair.

If I was going to read it in the revisionist-history "chronological" order, I might as well start watching Star Wars with The Phanton Menace. *snicker*

Bagel-lover.
    There are selected dates for shows in Branson from April through December. Shows are at 9:30 AM and 3:00 PM. Be sure to check out Yakov's Show Schedule for available show dates and times. We suggest you purchase your tickets now, as Yakov’s show is often sold out. Call 1-800-728-4546 or go to Yakov's On-line Ticket Reservations. Warning! Explosive Laughter awaits you at the Yakov Smirnoff Theatre.

Click Here For MapQuest Directions

the horse and his boy is 3rd, actually

ahh I didnt read the rest of your post.
    Last edited by wliethof; 01-20-2005 at 01:28 PM.

Default everything in our behaviour is connected to sexuality in one way or another - freud

Sigmund Freud - The Interpretation Of Dreams , I´m not sure if that`s the name of the book in english but anyway. Funny book.. Anyone seen dreams lately? hahahaha...
    Within 6 years I`ll graduate psychology as my major.
    Freud self had some sort of a complex, as far as I´m concerned.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Not Ozymandias
    That was published 5th, I'll read it after Voyage of the Dawn Treader and The Silver Chair.
    If I make it that far. The first 2 were underwhelming. They started off with great ideas, but ran out of steam 3/4 of the way through. Still. they're interesting enough for me to give Dawn Treader a whirl.

This is what happens when you're a functioning illiterate until you're 20, you read things with a mind that's too old.
    There are selected dates for shows in Branson from April through December. Shows are at 9:30 AM and 3:00 PM. Be sure to check out Yakov's Show Schedule for available show dates and times. We suggest you purchase your tickets now, as Yakov’s show is often sold out. Call 1-800-728-4546 or go to Yakov's On-line Ticket Reservations. Warning! Explosive Laughter awaits you at the Yakov Smirnoff Theatre.

Click Here For MapQuest Directions