Page 113 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1458

Thread: What are you Reading?

Have a module on it next term, so decided i'd get into it early.

I gave up on Heart of Darkness in the end. I just didn't have the motivation for it. And I managed to do my essay on it without finishing it, so I cant see the point

I started reading Moby Dick (again). Need some time for this one but with the holiday season ahead this should be a nice diversion from all the stress

Weirdly, I sort of feel like checking out the Sci-Fi books from the dude above.

I know they can't match Dan Simmons' Hyperion Epic, but still.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

I just started to read "The Passage by Justin Cronin". Pretty interesting book..

Currently reading lullaby by chuck palahniuk. It's the thirs palahniuk book I read. I rather liked Choke, but I'm not sure about this one right now, though I've not finished it yet. I might comment more when I finish this one, that is, if I remember to post here or something. I plan to read some kafka material and I havw a friend who wants me to read a Dan Brown book, but I'm not sure I should. Not interested about his work at all. I'll see..

Lullaby is supposedly representative of his 'post 9-11' later works that are less graphic.

Man literary students are full of shit. I rather enjoyed lullaby though, its seemingly one of the first times some paranormal or sci-fi-horror elements appear in his work. Rant would be a good follow-up if you end up liking lullaby (don't know why you wouldn't).
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

So many books so little time.

Just started Cathleen Ní Houlihan, a play by W.B. Yeats and Lady Gregory (although she wasn't credited for a long while)

Now also reading The Playboy of the Western World by J.M. Synge, Paradise Lost by Milton and rereading Seamus Heaney's translation of Beowulf. All for college

Just finished reading Upton Sinclair's The Jungle.... now I'm going to read a shit load of comics. I don't know what book I'm going to read next.... something i have in my house. I have a shit load i havent read yet.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

I don't know if it counts, but I finished reading the entire Scott Pilgrim series yesterday. Then I spent hours lamenting over how I would never find another comic book as awesome as Scott Pilgrim, so I ended up watching the Scott Pilgrim movie instead. I'm not really into regular books.