Page 116 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1458

Thread: What are you Reading?

I've been reading Presidential Anecdotes by Paul Boller. It's just little short anecdotes about each president. Honestly, it's not what I thought it be since a lot of the early presidents' chapters are all just stuff that's been debunked in the past. So I may give up reading it and move onto something else.
    "I'll die before I surrender, Tim".

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I've given up on Joyce's A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man I've decided screw Joyce, I'm answering my exam on Yeats instead. So now I have some Yeats to read.
    I will eventually go back and read A Portrait...but for now, it's just too tedious to get done in a short time.

Also reading Simone de Beauvoir's The Second Sex. This is also for college.
    Joyce is great. Portrait of the Artist was the first book of his I read and I absolutely loved it. If you truly want to enjoy it I'd suggest you to read it with a clear mind. You know, when you're not tired physically and don't have billion things to do in your head.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk should be read by every high school student so they can be like "dude, wtf, this sucks."

Quote Originally Posted by killer_queen View Post
    Joyce is great. Portrait of the Artist was the first book of his I read and I absolutely loved it. If you truly want to enjoy it I'd suggest you to read it with a clear mind. You know, when you're not tired physically and don't have billion things to do in your head.
    Yeah, i definitely plan on reading it when I don't have so many other things to worry about.

Started reading John Grisham's The Last Juror yesterday ...

Just finished a collection of short stories by Miranda July called No One Belongs Here More than You. To be honest I'm not a huge fan of short stories,some of these were so-so, but some were very good.

Starship Troopers is such a shitty book, and such an awesome movie.

The book is like one long essay on how a military society would be awesome, except by military society I mean space-fascist bullshit.

Whereas the movie makes fun of all the stupid things in the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

First story form Heller Catch as Catch Can is cute. Also short - Zoologist by Niccolo Ammaniti is crazy.

Finished Life, the Universe and Everything by Douglas Adams. I told myself I would not allow myself to read while I should be studying for exams but now I've gone on a binge.

Quote Originally Posted by mark520 View Post
    Started on Catch-22. So far my favorite part is when Yossarian is trying to find out why Orr used to put crab apples in his cheeks and keeps getting extremely literal and/or answers that are right, but not what he's looking for
    This is my all time favorite book; absolutely hilarious and yet, so beautiful and powerful. So great.

Ghost Wars: The Secret History of the CIA, Afghanistan, and Bin Laden, from the Soviet Invasion to September 10, 2001 by Steven Coll

It's been near the top of my "too read" stack for a while, but recent events gave me a little more incentive to start it. Coll won a Pulitzer for it too, so it should be quite good. And apparently Obama read it during the 08 election campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.